• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
where did you get the movie info from?

The DIS rules won't let me post the link, but if you google for "Disney outdoor movie schedule" the first link should be from build a better mouse trip. Click on that and you can select the resort you are staying at and get the movie schedule. Disney doesn't release the new schedule until the 1st and this Site usually has them posted by the 4th of each month.

Last minute?'s

What type of coffee is in the room?
It's the discs not cups like a keurig?
Bath mats for the tub? Have kids that like their tubbies :)

9 days and am SO excited!!

Oh ya and something else weird happened too. 3:30 am someone is knocking on our door. My DH answered it and it was luggage service with someone's bags with our room number on it. My husband said "those aren't our bags" and the luggage guy was really taken back and asked if he was sure. My DH said "yup, we've been here 4 days now and we drove". The luggage guy was really confused and didn't know what to say. Since when do they deliver luggage at 3:30 am?

Since when do they deliver luggage at 3:30 am?

That's not uncommon at all. ME will pick up your bags up until 10:00PM. The luggage delivery is advertised as around 3-4 hours after you check in. If you check in at 10:30 or 11PM, then luggage delivery will be around 2-3:30AM. Bell Services goes under the impression that everyone wants their luggage delivered unless they hear otherwise. Whenever we have checked in late, we have asked Bell Services to hold our bags until the morning and they always have.

It is uncommon/weird that they had the wrong room # and woke you up.

Just wanted to post we are in Jamaica 4336 & we have a fridge & it seems to be working. There is a note posted inside the cabinet door about the fridges being replaced. It's plugged in & seems to be working. I'm assuming it's an old fridge or the note wouldn't be there but it seems to be working.

An hour delay for a bus is going to be a big deal when they roll out magic bands and FP+. I don't think guests are going to be too happy when one if their FP+ selections gets ticked off randomly because of a late bus at the resort. Right now there are only 3 selections to be made that's not a lot of FP's. I don't think anyone would figure in an hour late bus into their traveling to the parks time.

I'm seriously thinking of changing my reservation...rooms are not up to par, beds are small, no fridges, and horrendous bus waits. don't think this is going to be very stress free with my young sons and I, a single mom. And all this loveliness at the same rate as the other moderates!

Just wanted to post we are in Jamaica 4336 & we have a fridge & it seems to be working. There is a note posted inside the cabinet door about the fridges being replaced. It's plugged in & seems to be working. I'm assuming it's an old fridge or the note wouldn't be there but it seems to be working.

That's great you have a working fridge. Our friends are at CBR now too and one of the housekeeping managers told them that CBR is 85% done with the fridge swap out and should be at 100% by the 21st.

I don't think anyone would figure in an hour late bus into their traveling to the parks time.

Actually, every Disney Guide Book I have seen/read recommends allowing 60-90 minutes to get from point A to point B using WDW transportation. Granted the longest I've ever waited on a bus at CBR is 20 minutes, but it's the luck of the draw.

The DIS rules won't let me post the link, but if you google for "Disney outdoor movie schedule" the first link should be from build a better mouse trip. Click on that and you can select the resort you are staying at and get the movie schedule. Disney doesn't release the new schedule until the 1st and this Site usually has them posted by the 4th of each month.

thank you :):)

Actually, every Disney Guide Book I have seen/read recommends allowing 60-90 minutes to get from point A to point B using WDW transportation. Granted the longest I've ever waited on a bus at CBR is 20 minutes, but it's the luck of the draw.

I just did a quick search on the Disney Moms panel and they say buses run around every 20min from resort to park. An hour wait for a bus is definately not the norm but if I have an important ADR or fast pass plus you need to keep it's good to know these things can happen at any resort. At the end of Oct. a new ADR policy will roll out as well requiring a credit card guarantee for all your major sit down restaurants. It's going to be super important to plan transportation in regards to that as well.

Thank you all who report back your experiences it helps everyone so much lot's of new things going on at Disney!

I just did a quick search on the Disney Moms panel and they say buses run around every 20min from resort to park. An hour wait for a bus is definately not the norm but if I have an important ADR or fast pass plus you need to keep it's good to know these things can happen at any resort. At the end of Oct. a new ADR policy will roll out as well requiring a credit card guarantee for all your major sit down restaurants. It's going to be super important to plan transportation in regards to that as well.

Oh I agree it's definitely not the norm. But, this is the reason why it is recommended to allow 60-90 mins if you have to get somewhere by a specific time. This will allow for the out of the ordinary long waits.:thumbsup2

Good morning Disboard friends -- I'm locked and loaded and ready to remember the magic. I will report back on the good, the bad, and the ugly! Ha, hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised by how much CBR exceeds my expectations.

And to those that are going to be arriving tomorrow -- safe travels, and enjoy the 90 high and 70 low days

Tom

I'm seriously thinking of changing my reservation...rooms are not up to par, beds are small, no fridges, and horrendous bus waits. don't think this is going to be very stress free with my young sons and I, a single mom. And all this loveliness at the same rate as the other moderates!

To be completely honest, if you read reviews on any of the resorts, you are going to find both good and bad reports about the rooms, mousekeeping and transportation. From the values to the deluxe resorts. As a matter of fact, the deluxe resorts often have the worst transportation and, just recently, I read about a super long wait for the buses at CSR.

Good morning Disboard friends -- I'm locked and loaded and ready to remember the magic. I will report back on the good, the bad, and the ugly! Ha, hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised by how much CBR exceeds my expectations.

And to those that are going to be arriving tomorrow -- safe travels, and enjoy the 90 high and 70 low days

Tom

Have a fantastic trip!

I know exactly what you mean I'm traveling just me and my DS with special needs but I will be using a rental car some of the time. I think the most important thing is to be prepared and that's what's good about reports. All resorts have glitches in service it's a really big property. The difference between some of the deluxes and the moderates is that there are transportation options.
Walking to some parks, boats and monorails. You aren't always on a bus.

The bed size is what it is for now and I'm not too sure what the fridge situation is at the other moderates. Just keep doing your research and reading the boards and trust your instincts with whatever decision you make. Then when you get there don't let anything ruin that magical trip with your boys!

The whistle just blew indicating my release from work. And as my ticker shows -- I'm off to the World. See ya real soon friends! I'm about to go pirate of the caribbean!pirate:

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter