Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at the CBR right now and I am pleased to report that we have free WiFi not only at OPR but in our room in building 54, too! Yay!!:banana::banana::banana:

i am in canada so rarely order anything from the US but I am wondering about ordering some autograph books from the disneystore online and having it sent to the hotel? can I do this? how long will they hold it for in advance? thanks

We arrive in a few short weeks...
Since we are from Canada we usually purchase stuff on-line (from places that normally don't ship to Canada)...and have it delivered to our Disney resort.
Has anyone had stuff delivered to this resort? I am assuming it should be like any other time...I just put the usual info in for shipping then it will be waiting when we arrive..right? :confused:

As well ...is there free wifi around the resort anywhere?
I read somewhere that there was but not positive.

We booked a preferred room so hopefully we won't be too far from the pool and stuff :upsidedow

Any input is great....thanks

hey there

I grew up just next to you in Thorold. We will be there in January as well.

Have fun.

Does anyone here walk from CBR to Epcot or Hollywood Studios or is it quicker to take the bus?

i am in canada so rarely order anything from the US but I am wondering about ordering some autograph books from the disneystore online and having it sent to the hotel? can I do this? how long will they hold it for in advance? thanks

We order stuff each time we go and have it delivered to our resort.
We check into CBR on Saturday the 21st. I will place my orders next sunday..probably Monday (the 9th) That will give enough time for it to be shipped, and received at the resort.
So usually 2 weeks before we arrive...
We always check the tracking and we know when it was received and print a copy off it off and bring it with us.
I usually do alot of my souvenir shopping before hand on the Disney Shopping site and then its done..i don't need to spend time searching through the parks for things for anyone..plus its at a much cheaper price ..which is a bonus :)

hey there

I grew up just next to you in Thorold. We will be there in January as well.

Have fun.

You check in just after we do...we fly out the 20th but aren't checking into Disney til the 21st! I grew up in Niagara falls.

Does anyone here walk from CBR to Epcot or Hollywood Studios or is it quicker to take the bus?

It's a very short bus ride to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I actually timed our ride to both parks. From the time we sat down on the bus in Jamaica, made the loop around the resort and pulled into the bus stops at the parks, the times were: 1) Hollywood Studios: 11 minutes; 2) Epcot: 10 and 11 minutes. (we went twice). I wouldn't try to walk to either of the parks. It's simply too dangerous since there are no marked paths.

no balloons for sale. All of the buses were pretty quick to get places.

So from what I'm reading, CBR's rooms are slightly larger than CSR and POR - is that correct?

I found (on the unofficial CBR webpage) info that said the rooms are about 340 sq. ft. Does that include the Pirate Rooms?

CSR's thread said the rooms are about 316 sq. ft. I couldn't find POR's room sizes.

So from what I'm reading, CBR's rooms are slightly larger than CSR and POR - is that correct?

I found (on the unofficial CBR webpage) info that said the rooms are about 340 sq. ft. Does that include the Pirate Rooms?

CSR's thread said the rooms are about 316 sq. ft. I couldn't find POR's room sizes.

I don't know about the actual room size, since this will be our first stay at CBR. But, when I made our reservations the woman on the phone said that the Pirate rooms were the same size as the other rooms, just a different theme. Also, she mentioned that the Pirate rooms are quite a ways away from the dining area and main bus stop. We originally were going to book a pirate room, but ended up booking a preferred room to be closer to the action.

All of the rooms at the CBR (even the pirate rooms) are slightly larger than the other moderate rooms. The CBR rooms are 340 square feet and I believe the others are 314 square feet.

I love this thread! Ive been to Disney many times, but never stayed at CBR. Finally, that is the trip this year! This is a great thread and has already answered many of my questions. :cool1:

I am not that familiar with CBR or really Disney. Can you see any fireworks from CBR? Or any other Moderate Resort? Thanks:)

So we just booked for 1/27 to 1/31 per my son's request and where I could get the annual Pass discount I must say I am a bit nervous since our last stay was terrible. We walked in to 3 dirty rooms and then someone trying to get into our room :( Please tell me you have had better experiences in the last 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter