Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a King room in Martinique? If so, what room number is it? My DS is getting married in Sept and they want to Honeymoon ar CBR!:cool1:

King rooms are spread throughout the resort (except Trinidad South, I think, because of the Pirate Rooms), so yes there are king rooms in Martinique -- don't know what room numbers, though.

Are the "water" rooms the same as "preferred"? When I looked online, I didn't see preferred rooms.

Water view rooms are different from Preferred rooms. Water view could be a view of the lake, or it could be a view of the quiet pool in a particular village. It's not necessarily a direct view, but could be a view at an angle. Preferred rooms have to do with the location of the room; Martinique 24, 25, 26 and Trinidad North 31,32,33 are the preferred room buildings. Personally, I think it's more worthwhile to pay for the preferred room if you're going to spend the extra money.

We are going the end of April when should I put in my building request? We are in the pirate rooms so I know we will be in Trinidad South but would like to be closer to the food court as possible I think that building is 35 Right?

we are going at the end of April also Easter week we also have booked a pirate room.

i just love this site. im learning so much. im glad i found it. well we booked for easter week at the CBR. my family and i has never been here before. i know nothing about this resort. i never made a building request. should i??? i booked a pirate room. could you plz help me with that thanks...

i just love this site. im learning so much. im glad i found it. well we booked for easter week at the CBR. my family and i has never been here before. i know nothing about this resort. i never made a building request. should i??? i booked a pirate room. could you plz help me with that thanks...
safetymom told me they don't look at your requests.

I asked if I should request a specific building or just "close as possible to the main pool" -- we booked standard, not preferred. This was the reply...

They are not looking at room requests until you are standing at the desk checking in. If you want to be close to the main pool I would upgrade to preferred.

HTH

Thank you for your response, CATBERTDAVE99! Are these the only buildings that are preferred? I thought Jamaica was preferred too.

Does anyone know if the beds at the CBR have recently been replaced? We stayed there for one night on Dec. 18 before hopping over to OKW, and our beds were like rocks! We love CBR and have never had this problem before. I'm about to book a Mother/daughter getaway for late March and DD really wants to stay there. When I called to price out our options yesterday, the CM said that they had just replaced the beds. Is this true?

Just got back from our stay at CBR last week. The resort is lovely, we thought it was simply beautiful. We loved how quiet it was too. I'm a little surprised to hear people saying how far away Barbados was, we were in Barbados 15 and it was a super quick walk to OPR, not to mention a gorgeous one with the lake and beach to walk next to. We didn't have a preferred room, but it seemed like we were in the next best thing.

Housekeeping was great, though if you only track it by towel animals then we only got one. But, the first morning we decided to put out the Do Not Disturb sign and skip the housekeeping, so they left us a HUGE bag of towels and stuff. Completely unnecessary considering we'd only been there 8 hours, but appreciated all the same.

The food was perfectly acceptable, although we only ever ate breakfast at the resort. I highly recommend the spinach and feta omelette if it's the chef's special that day- delicious!

Just got back from our stay at CBR last week. The resort is lovely, we thought it was simply beautiful. We loved how quiet it was too. I'm a little surprised to hear people saying how far away Barbados was, we were in Barbados 15 and it was a super quick walk to OPR, not to mention a gorgeous one with the lake and beach to walk next to. We didn't have a preferred room, but it seemed like we were in the next best thing.
That's great! Thanks for the report!

We have been to both and there are definitely more choices at the CBR food court. There is a lot more than what is listed on the allears menu.

Thanks so much. My parents stayed there last year and my dad recalled having a steak sub but I didn't see that on the menu at all.

Just got back from our stay at CBR last week. The resort is lovely, we thought it was simply beautiful. We loved how quiet it was too. I'm a little surprised to hear people saying how far away Barbados was, we were in Barbados 15 and it was a super quick walk to OPR, not to mention a gorgeous one with the lake and beach to walk next to. We didn't have a preferred room, but it seemed like we were in the next best thing. QUOTE]

We stayed in Barbados in Dec. and loved the area. We always request Barbados. I just called and booked that March stay...with a request for Barbados.:thumbsup2

I am all set to book us in May for our first visit to CBR.
I can only get Pirate room with my pin making it 10 more then the 25% off Spring/summer deal in reg. room.
With the distance from Pirate/Trinidad I am not sure which way to go. The Pirate room would be so cool(my family are pirate freaks) but the kids will be almost 3 and 5 so the walk with things will be a PITA! Oh What to do...
I am reading 7-10 min to get to main pool and restaurants/food court?

With the distance from Pirate/Trinidad I am not sure which way to go. The Pirate room would be so cool(my family are pirate freaks) but the kids will be almost 3 and 5 so the walk with things will be a PITA! Oh What to do...
I am reading 7-10 min to get to main pool and restaurants/food court?

I'm wondering about this, too. We're not going until December. Safetymom mentioned on page 1 that the POTC room are only available in Trinidad South, which looks pretty far from food court area. Is it really a 7-10 minute walk?

I'm wondering about this, too. We're not going until December. Safetymom mentioned on page 1 that the POTC room are only available in Trinidad South, which looks pretty far from food court area. Is it really a 7-10 minute walk?

While I have never stayed in a pirate room, I have walked over to Trinidad South to have a look around. The walk back to Old Port Royale took about 6 1/2 minutes at a leisurely pace.

While I have never stayed in a pirate room, I have walked over to Trinidad South to have a look around. The walk back to Old Port Royale took about 6 1/2 minutes at a leisurely pace.

Wow, talk about a quick repsonse! Thanks :goodvibes! That doesn't sound too bad. But I guess it will depend on how cold it is when we are there (hopefully there will not be another cold spell like there has been for the past 2 years).

we are going to do it.I need to just stop contemplating and go with what we want

Wow, talk about a quick repsonse! Thanks :goodvibes! That doesn't sound too bad. But I guess it will depend on how cold it is when we are there (hopefully there will not be another cold spell like there has been for the past 2 years).

You're welcome! I really don't mind the walks at the CBR at all because it's such a pretty resort.

we are going to do it.I need to just stop contemplating and go with what we want

I think you'll be very happy that you've decided to book your stay at the CBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter