Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for checking it out. It will make my life much easier if I can tell her to listen for the bell and then get the h*ll out of there! :lmao:

That is what my son would listen for. It was so funny because he would either freeze or coming running to a safe zone. In fact we would be walking by fully clothed and totally out of the fenced area and he would hear the bell and freeze. :confused3

Just paid off my trip for my daughter and her Best Friends High School Graduation:cheer2: 35 Days until we leave for 7 nights at the CBR!! Yay Us!!!:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

It was working as of two weeks ago when we were there because we commented on it to each other numerous times.

We just got home last night and were at the pool all week. The bell is working because my son also didn't like the bucket dump so he'd go running every time he heard it. It gives plenty of warning before it dumps. Hope that helps! :)

We were in one of the pirate rooms as a surprise for my boys and they loved it. My husband and I didn't find the beds to be very comfortable though. We requested first floor and near the parking lot and got both requests. We had a corner room and were able to park our car right outside, which was great. There weren't very many families in our building either so it was very quiet. We had a great time and are very sad that we had to come home.

Never doubt the mighty Safetymom!! The bell is indeed clanging. Safetymom and I were there the day the new pool finally opened. The bell, at that time was much louder, and could be heard all over the pool deck, as well as all over the outdoor patio. I walked over to the pool area, and found the bell to be clanging, but with a much softer tone. After more research, I found out that the bell had been disabled for a while. The compromise between the clang lovers, and the clang haters ended up being a "quieter" clang. Can't hear it from the Banana Cabana, which is my official listening post!

Sorry Safetymom..............

We just got back today from a week at CBR. We loved it! Housekeeping was great, everything was clean. We ate at OPR several times and everything was good. The kids adored the pool. They do have life jackets at the main pool but they were gone fast. If you're going at a busy time you should bring floaties, I was really glad I had them with us.

Several times we were at the pool when the Epcot fireworks started and people around us said "that's the fireworks at the MK!" :confused3 and totally did not believe me when I said that it was Epcot!

They also did the Pirate Adventure Cruise (only my 2 and 2 other boys). I was not happy at first because the two CM's (both young women) doing it were late and were taking forever to get things going but both kids loved it at the end and they were thrilled with their loot.

We were in Aruba 56. It did seem like a long walk to OPR. When we went just to eat we drove our rental car. We also drove our car to all the parks except MK. The two times we went to MK we ended up waiting 10-15 minutes in the heat and one of the buses was not air conditioned.

Hi just got back on Thur after a two week stay:wizard:

We were in building 23 martinique, which was a lovely location the bus stop and quite pool only a min walk and food court, main pool was around 5 to 10 min:)
. OPR did have some ok food but i think POR is still top for their food court out of the two.
The buses were good never had to wait very long for a bus, only little niggle was as we were the first bus stop we always ended up doing the whole resort before leaving, although on some routes MK and DTD were different, sometimes:confused3, but we had the same coming back from parks which was great when first off:thumbsup2

The resort is lovely and BIG i didn't manage to look round the whole of it but i found a nice little walk over the bridge to seats and hammocks in the middle i think it was castaway clay?

I think housekeeping could of been better, when we got there the room had a thick layer of dust on the back of the bed round the headboard and on things like the sprinklers and the top of the tv and round the base of tv which didn't feel very nice. I also had to ask for coffee and cups to be left as that was very hit and miss. When we left the dust on the tv base was again there.

We used the quite pool mainly, but i went over to the big pool and had the bit round the back' were the whirlpool was' all to myself quite a few times:)

There was a pool bar which was ok but we were there when it didn't feel that busy i would worry going at a busier time as that was the only bar:confused: for such a big resort. We had a lovely veiw of the fireworks from the seating behind the bar which was a lovely spot to sit at:) we also could feed the turtles and fish from the bridge, which was great.

I was shocked at how many parents were letting their children paddle in the lake as being swamp water i don't think i would let my child go near it, let alone what could be living in it :scared1:

The walk to the OPR was really beautiful, and made me feel good for the day.

Our friends were in barbados building 11 they had quite a treck to the OPR but were close to the bus stop and the custom house so handy for taxi's.

We didn't eat at SHutters as was quite pricey :scared1: compared with dinner at the wave, which was the best meal ever.:lovestruc

To sum up it is a great resort, with children i think it would be better,
But it was great to call it home for two weeks;)

Just returned from 6 nights at the CBR...and yes, Barbados felt like a trek to the food court. Liked the hotel in general...would stay there again...put in a preferred location for sure.

Only problems with the rooms themselves were:
1) mold on the back of the bathroom door - which I called mousekeeping about twice...they came and cleaned the rooms instead of the mold, both times.
2) our AC was SOOOO loud...kept making noises at night or when it was on for longer than 10 minutes or so. I didn't call about it...we just cranked the AC when we left and used the fan when we got back.
3) dust on the window blinds and on the fire sprinklers - just looked icky.

Any questions, please ask!!

I have also return from an 8 day 7 night visit to the CBR. sheeesh it was soooo hot, lol. But heres my overall thought:

The whole resort is huge!!! we check in custom house and had to take the shuttle bus to our area in Jamaca. Our room number was 4504, wasnt too far from the bus stop, nor not too far to the bridge to port royale.

The room was clean when we check in, nothing didnt seem wrong with us, the nemo themeing was actually pretty cute.

The theme of the resort did feel like the carribean:D

The pool was at good temperature and very cleean

I believe they had a good selection of food in the food court and got a good selection of snacks

So yaaa definitely seem like mostly families come to this resort, but it was still a wonderful stay, very quiet at night when sleeping, and i didnt see any lizards:( lol. But yea i definitely would love to come back here:D expect a trip report to come sooon

I have also return from an 8 day 7 night visit to the CBR. sheeesh it was soooo hot, lol. But heres my overall thought:

The whole resort is huge!!! we check in custom house and had to take the shuttle bus to our area in Jamaca. Our room number was 4504, wasnt too far from the bus stop, nor not too far to the bridge to port royale.

The room was clean when we check in, nothing didnt seem wrong with us, the nemo themeing was actually pretty cute.

The theme of the resort did feel like the carribean:D

The pool was at good temperature and very cleean

I believe they had a good selection of food in the food court and got a good selection of snacks

So yaaa definitely seem like mostly families come to this resort, but it was still a wonderful stay, very quiet at night when sleeping, and i didnt see any lizards:( lol. But yea i definitely would love to come back here:D expect a trip report to come sooon

Mu daughter is wanting us to switch resorts for CBR and we like the look of Jamaica. Were you happy with the resort and did you have long waits for the bus? What order did the bus run when entering the resort (right or left) and was the bus full when it got to your bus stop? TIA!

Just returned last night from a 7 night stay at the CBR We stayed in Jamaca Bld 41 and I thaught the resort was amazing I couldent be happier:) It was only a 7 minute walk to OPR but every trip was like an adventure. The landscaping is unbeleaveable I was very impressed. The room was very clean and housekeeping was great and all the castmembers were very friendly and helpfull. We went with the Quick Service Dinning Plan and I would sudgest it to anyone but here are a couple tips to use it to your advantage. You get 2 drinks with your breakfast meal so we took our refilliable mugs with us and and brought our drinks back to our room to stock the room fridge. I can honestly say I did not have a bad meal at OPR the food was great. We also used the shuttle to get back and forth to all the parks and we never waited more the 20 min to go anywhare:) But keep in mind that if you stay to watch the fireworks at the MK or EPCOT the buses will be very croaded standing room only. Overall I couldent be happier woth our stay at CBR it was truly a magical week:wizard: One more think if you are bringing your own coffee to brew in your room dont forget to bring small filters like I did;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter