Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...HELP PLEASE! We have ADRs from CBR for the following restaurants:
Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine @ 8:00 am
Crystal Palace in MK @ 9:00 am
Donald's Safari Breakfast in AK @ 8:25 am...

What time should I board the bus at CBR to get there 30 minutes before my ressie?? I am scared now! I have only stayed on the MK loop of the monorail and only had to deal with the buses a couple fotimes...now I need them for everything! Please help!...I think we will be in Trinidad South, because we have a pirate room ,so does that mean that we have to take an internal bus to get to the mail stop the get the MAIN buses??

You won't need to take the internal shuttle and change busses- park busses come to the Trinidad South bus stop. They may stop at other villages, but it will go on to the park.

I would probably be at the bus stop 1 hour before the reservation, to be safe, especially the pre-park opening ones. That goes for any resort.

The one-hour is a rule of thumb to get to your ressie on time. If you want to be a full half hour early for them, you might even leave earlier.

Hello all! I'm new here and just read about 60 pages of this thread. Starting to go cross-eyed, so will come back another time and read the rest.

We've booked our 2nd family trip to WDW, we'll be staying at CBR from March 13-20, 2010. Our last stay was in 2007 at Pop Century.

A couple quick questions:

• We've booked a pirate theme room which I understand to be in Trinidad South. Is it worth it to request a specific building (like 34 or 35) to be closer to OPR?
• We have the DDP but I'm considering getting groceries from Garden Grocer to have breakfast items (milk, yogurt, fruit) and some healthy snacks (more fresh fruit, fresh veggies). Is Garden Grocer my best bet or is there someplace on Disney property that I can purchase those things without paying an arm & a leg?
• This is not resort-specific but when we go our kids will be 7 and 5. Am I nuts to not bring a stroller? Last time we had to bring the double stroller as the kiddos were 4 and 22 months. Would love to not have to lug around a stroller, but worried about tired little legs.

Thanks in advance for any advice! My DS's b-day is 4 days before we leave and he's having a pirate-themed party and is soooooooo super-excited about our room at Disney being pirate as well.

We just got home from CBR earlier this week and used Garden Grocer. I can't compare it to any other grocery services but I will say that they did a great job. We didn't check in until nearly Midnight (I advised GG of our late check-in when I ordered) and our order was waiting when we got there. I just asked for it at bell services and they got it for us while we were waiting for the shuttle to our room.

Love all these reviews....getting so extremely excited for our upcoming trip! :cheer2::cool1::cloud9:
I have been showing pics of the resort to DD and she can't wait for the pirate play area at the pool.

One quick question...when we stayed at the values, DD was in a playpen to sleep and we placed it in the corner by the connecting door to the adjacent room just outside the sink area. She is now going to be in a kids blowup bed....where would it fit the best. Don't really want to put her by the door, but also don't want to trip over the darn bed in the middle of the night. Not sure how much floor space is available.

Ok...HELP PLEASE! We have ADRs from CBR for the following restaurants:
Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine @ 8:00 am
Crystal Palace in MK @ 9:00 am
Donald's Safari Breakfast in AK @ 8:25 am...

What time should I board the bus at CBR to get there 30 minutes before my ressie?? I am scared now! I have only stayed on the MK loop of the monorail and only had to deal with the buses a couple fotimes...now I need them for everything! Please help!...I think we will be in Trinidad South, because we have a pirate room ,so does that mean that we have to take an internal bus to get to the mail stop the get the MAIN buses??
Did my previous answer NOT help you? :confused3 You asked again and got the SAME replies. :rolleyes:

What's a mail stop anyway? :confused3

Hope you enjoy your non-MK loop trip.:bitelip:

I have a question...what level room can i book to guarantee we will be close to food, bus, pool. Is that a possibility? Edited to add, i would want Trinidad North 31 or martinique 25 or 26. Is there a category that would get me into those buildings?

thanks

You would need to book a preferred room. All of Trinidad North is considered preferred. As far as Martinique or Trinidad it would be a request.

You would need to book a preferred room. All of Trinidad North is considered preferred. As far as Martinique or Trinidad it would be a request.

Ok wonderful, we may have to go with 2 mods this trip over 1 room at BC. We did not like POR but also did not pay the preferred rate. I think we would be ok with a mod as long as we are relatively close to food, pool and buses. We seemed to be in the middle of nowhere when we stayed at POR.:rotfl:

Ok wonderful, we may have to go with 2 mods this trip over 1 room at BC. We did not like POR but also did not pay the preferred rate. I think we would be ok with a mod as long as we are relatively close to food, pool and buses. We seemed to be in the middle of nowhere when we stayed at POR.:rotfl:
CBR is the only Moderate resort where you can pay extra to guarantee relatively close proximity to food and pool. As far as bus, each of CBR's villages has a bus stop, which means that there's no such thing as a room or room category that's too far from a bus stop.

At CBR, there are 6 preferred location buildings: Trinidad North 31, 32 and 33 (which means all of Trinidad North), and Martinique 24, 25 and 26 (which means half of Martinique).

CBR is the only Moderate resort where you can pay extra to guarantee relatively close proximity to food and pool. As far as bus, each of CBR's villages has a bus stop, which means that there's no such thing as a room or room category that's too far from a bus stop.

At CBR, there are 6 preferred location buildings: Trinidad North 31, 32 and 33 (which means all of Trinidad North), and Martinique 24, 25 and 26 (which means half of Martinique).

This helps a lot, thanks. I was thinking it would not be so good if you were in some of the further buildings in Martinique.

Did my previous answer NOT help you? :confused3 You asked again and got the SAME replies. :rolleyes:

What's a mail stop anyway? :confused3

Hope you enjoy your non-MK loop trip.:bitelip:

WOW! That was interesting! I actually just pulled up and printed out out all of my ADR's to see if I had the right times! Plus, BEFORE...I was just asking about getting to the MK area...not Animal Kingdom for breakfast or DHS...VERY INTERESTING!!!!!!:confused3:confused3:confused3
First experience with a rude "DIS"er in almost 600 posts! :thanks:

You won't need to take the internal shuttle and change busses- park busses come to the Trinidad South bus stop. They may stop at other villages, but it will go on to the park.

I would probably be at the bus stop 1 hour before the reservation, to be safe, especially the pre-park opening ones. That goes for any resort.

Awesome! Thanks! I will just plan to get to everything an hour ahead of time, and maybe the MK even earlier... Thanks again!

The one-hour is a rule of thumb to get to your ressie on time. If you want to be a full half hour early for them, you might even leave earlier.

Thanks! That does seem to be the rule of thumb! I am always so worried that I will be late for one of them, especially those early a.m. ones! We will just leave super early! Thanks again!

WOW! That was interesting! I actually just pulled up and printed out out all of my ADR's to see if I had the right times! Plus, BEFORE...I was just asking about getting to the MK area...not Animal Kingdom for breakfast or DHS...VERY INTERESTING!!!!!!:confused3:confused3:confused3
First experience with a rude "DIS"er in almost 600 posts! :thanks:
You're welcome. :rolleyes:

While you may have perceived my reply as rude, I felt your repeat question ignored the previous response to you.

almost 600 posts = 1 'rude' DISer???

almost 19,000 posts = thick skin ;)

I hope you have fun on your trip. Everyone should! :smickey:

Ok, back to CBR talk --

Does CBR have a "pin board" like other resorts that they put out near the gift shop or somewhere - where you can go to trade pins at certain hours? We did this back in Aug at the Poly,and loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter