Caribbean Beach buses

hedge333

Mouseketeer
After reading several reviews here and the main thread, we are seriously considering CBR. However, I have read some negative things about the buses. We (may be in the minority) love using disney transportation. We stayed at POR 2 years ago the week before Easter, had heard the buses were terrible (waits, crowds, etc) and thought they weren't bad. How bad is the bus system at CBR? We will be there the first week in Oct.

I rarely found them crowded going to parks, usually I got a seat, coming "home" is when they would be packed and I'd have to stand and that's when I'd disembark and say I'd wait for the next one. Also I usually found I'd be walking to the bus stop when the bus I wanted was just leaving and then had to wait no more than 20 mins.

I do wish though that cbr had tvs at their stops displaying the current bus wait like I saw at the grand Floridian. Perhaps even pipe in some old port royal music at the stops too.

We stayed at CBR the week of Labor Day 2 1/2 years ago. We were in a building far from the main building, next to a quiet pool and laundry room. There was a bus stop right outside our door it was great. We never had a long wait & most days we had the stop to our selves. You do get stuck riding around the resorts to the other stops but it doesn't take very long & it's great to be close to the stop at the end of a long day.

It's no better or worse than anywhere else we've stayed. One thing we really like is that every village has its own stop so you are never far from one.

As a side note, we really liked our stays at POR but since our first stay at CBR we haven't been able to stay anywhere else. We love it.

The buses at CBR are not bad. It is more the fact that there are 7 bus stops. If you get on at the first stop, like we did during our trip, the ride around is a bit of a pain.

It's really no worse than any other resort that we have stayed at :) the difference is all the separate bus stops but I thought it wasn't bad... We have stayed there a few times...

We stayed at CBR August 2013 and the buss transportation was very good. I think only once in an 8 night stay did we feel we waited too long for a bus, as we remember several buses going by for all the parks except for the one we wanted to go to.

I do remember some people arguing with the bus driver from time to time about wanting to get to a different location in the resort thinking a labeled park bus should take them to a different location in CBR. It was a little painful to watch. The bus driver keeps stating that they have to take the inter resort bus for that. But the customer would keep complaining. I remember the bus driver telling one of these arguable persons that he was going to stop the bus immediately and through him off the bus if he didn't stop yelling at him. The bus driver was great to everyone else. Very respectful and kind, and we let told him we were sorry about that guy. He just thanked us with a nice sincere smile.

We stayed three years ago during Christmas and yes their were issues with the buses. I knew this before going so if you're going during a busy time you might see this. I liked the resort so the next time if I were to go during a busy time I would want a rental car. To be fair to the resort it wasn't all the time but enough to notice.

we were there dec 2013 (2nd week) and buses were pretty good. Better than experiences at ASMusic. Never waited more than 10 minutes and great service back to the resort even at park close. Rarely had to do all stops in the morning at the resort as they split the routes in 2 and only stopped at half the stops leaving in the morning which sped things up in getting to the parks.

We stayed at CBR in 2012. It seemed that the buses were always going to a different park than the one we wanted to go to. Once, we saw 3 epcot buses stop and go before we got our bus to MK. The bus stops are very convenient, but I don't think theres enough buses for the resort. The line waiting to go back to the resort was always longest for us than any other. We are trying POR this time. 22 days to go!:banana:

We love Disney transportation, just 'cause we love our share of cocktails. The crowded buses can be exhausting, especially after a long day. But, we let that kind of stuff just roll off our backs.

Stayed at CBR in Feb, 2010 and it seemed to take forever to get the buses. Against my wishes the family wanted to stay there again last summer. We never had to wait for a bus. As stated by others, the resort is large and there are 7 stops so it takes a while to get out of the resort. But I was very happy this time with the buses. Maybe going in high season makes a difference with the frequency of buses.

CBR started using the new double sized buses more often than not. I am going in 2 weeks for an 8 night stay at CBR. I'll let you know :) In the past, I've always been very pleased with the bus service there. It's my favorite mod on property. It doesn't matter which hotel you stay at, if you arrive right after a bus pulled out, you're going to be waiting...

CBR is awesome! Bus issues are in the eye of the beholder. If you look for a problem, you will find a problem. If you look for the positives, you will find the positives.

We'll be there in June and I can't wait! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter