Careful dropping ADRs! What's a foolproof way?

tporter4

Mouseketeer
Two failed for me recently and I can't figure out why. It had to have been a millisecond time and either someone else grabbed it or the system sucked it back up. What's a foolproof way of dropping so someone can get them?

Two failed for me recently and I can't figure out why. It had to have been a millisecond time and either someone else grabbed it or the system sucked it back up. What's a foolproof way of dropping so someone can get them?
Nothing is foolproof, but I use http://nist.time.gov to synchronize the drop.

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;52584887]I would try to choose off, unpopular times to coordinate if possible.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I'd do it in the middle of the night. Like 3 a.m. Which totally sucks.

I've picked up a couple at different times of the day. I just start refreshing a minute of two before it's let go and somehow it's worked.

It's bad either way when you're giving or receiving and it fails.

Did it again yesterday and it works.

Texting helps.
Being logged in for sure.
Going directly to the restaurant page and searching there. And searching beforehand and having it ready.

Did I just respond to my own post? LOL!

Also knowing the number in the party for the ADR you are trying to pick up is a big help. I tried to pick one up last night from someone and had the party number wrong. If someone is releasing a party of 4 and you want a party of 2 it will not show up under 2.

I would keep refreshing until it shows up, then book it. But I lost one because MDE restarted itself, went to main screen instead. The "dropper" told me to check again in exactly one hour and it popped back up!

But another word of caution...if you do a lot on MDE, delete your cookies before trying any ressies. I kept getting a white screen, deleted cookies and it works great now.

I would keep refreshing until it shows up, then book it. But I lost one because MDE restarted itself, went to main screen instead. The "dropper" told me to check again in exactly one hour and it popped back up!

But another word of caution...if you do a lot on MDE, delete your cookies before trying any ressies. I kept getting a white screen, deleted cookies and it works great now.

How do you delete your cookies?

Recently we had trouble with the site. So we called Disney and placed our reservations with them. Got some of the best times for seating.

How do you delete your cookies?

Susan, It's on your computer. On mine, I click on the thing that has 3 short, horizontal lines (in the right hand corner of browsing window). Then select TOOLS, then CLEAR BROWSING HISTORY. Just make sure deleting cookies is checked, but not things you want to save like passwords.

Susan, It's on your computer. On mine, I click on the thing that has 3 short, horizontal lines (in the right hand corner of browsing window). Then select TOOLS, then CLEAR BROWSING HISTORY. Just make sure deleting cookies is checked, but not things you want to save like passwords.

Thanks! I'll take a look. I just use the computer, don't know much about it. ;)

So, if you coordinate with somone are you on the computer or your phone? Can you do it either way??

So, if you coordinate with somone are you on the computer or your phone? Can you do it either way??

Either way. I believe, based on experience, that the ADR is available as soon as you click the button to cancel it, even though the confirmation page can take a little while to pop up.

What I've done with great success is coordinate a time with the person releasing the ADR, say 8:00 pm. Make sure you know the number of people the ADR is for and what time zone you are both in.

At about 7:58 pm I would get on MDE at the restaurant site you want and refresh, refresh, refresh until the time that is being released comes up. Sometimes it may take a couple of minutes so don't get discouraged if it doesn't pop up at the exact time it is release.

Texting helps a lot, I haven't missed one yet when the person dropping text the one receiving at the exact second they drop it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter