CareerStart Program *Jan. 2009*

JaimeRay

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm Jaime. I applied for the Fall 08' session but I applied late and got a nice magical latter saying they concluded their recruiting. So I'm applying in September for the Spring 2009 session! Another person applying for January, Chris, and I started a Facebook group for us to get to know each other and go through the application process together. If you would like to join go to http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17274532645

I noticed today that the WDW CareerStart application page was updated saying they are no longer accepting applications for the Fall session. They state that they will be updating the E-Presentation and BEGIN to accept ONLINE applications for the Spring 2009 Session.

I know that's not how they did applications for this Fall. I wonder if they will require use to fax or mail in a Letter of Recommendation. We'll see!

It's almost time to apply. I figure it will be shortly now that the CP has begun!

my daughter is interested in summer/fall 2009. She graduates in May 2009 from high school. When should she apply. She has wanted to do this program for 3 years now. It is her "dream" to work for Disney. She tells people every day that is what she wants to do. They just laugh....they haven't gotta clue.

my daughter is interested in summer/fall 2009. She graduates in May 2009 from high school. When should she apply. She has wanted to do this program for 3 years now. It is her "dream" to work for Disney. She tells people every day that is what she wants to do. They just laugh....they haven't gotta clue.

She can only do Fall which goes from August till January, or Spring which goes from January till August. I know for the Fall they started accepting application in February or March I think. I know they stopped accepting application at the beginning of May.

Hey, I fax and mailed in my application today.

I asked some questions yesterday but I asked on the CP program board (I'm wanting to join CareerStart) So I don't know if the answers are the same,

Is there supposed to be a code at the end of the E-presentation, because I never did see one.(The CP board said there was a code)

And am I supposed to call first or do I wait for them to contact me?

Hey, I fax and mailed in my application today.

I asked some questions yesterday but I asked on the CP program board (I'm wanting to join CareerStart) So I don't know if the answers are the same,

Is there supposed to be a code at the end of the E-presentation, because I never did see one.(The CP board said there was a code)

And am I supposed to call first or do I wait for them to contact me?

CODE?: No code for us! I think because they don't do live presentations for CareerStart since most of the applicants are out of school.

I too have mailed and faxed my application. I had to resend it all on Friday because I forgot to answer the yes/no question on availability! Ahh! But they told my once they receive my stuff THEY would contact me to schedule the interview. I'm hope I can have my interview done by the end of next weekend. I've met sooo many people that are applying or already in the CP/CS programs. They are all pretty amazing people. I look forward to hopefully meeting them all.

CODE?: No code for us! I think because they don't do live presentations for CareerStart since most of the applicants are out of school.

I too have mailed and faxed my application. I had to resend it all on Friday because I forgot to answer the yes/no question on availability! Ahh! But they told my once they receive my stuff THEY would contact me to schedule the interview. I'm hope I can have my interview done by the end of next weekend. I've met sooo many people that are applying or already in the CP/CS programs. They are all pretty amazing people. I look forward to hopefully meeting them all.

Aaah!! Thankyou!!! I'm so excited to get a call!!!!
Good luck! =]

Hi! I just sent my application in for the 2009 spring program! I am waiting on a past teacher of mine to submitt my recommendation form. Can anyone tell me what to expect for the interview?

Hi! I just sent my application in for the 2009 spring program! I am waiting on a past teacher of mine to submitt my recommendation form. Can anyone tell me what to expect for the interview?

Good luck! First thing is the go over your application to make sure all the information is correct. If you read the college boards, they ask the same questions. Like why you want to the program? Why Disney? They'll ask you about living, like have you lived with people other than your family, are you comfortable living with others of different background. Then they'll ask one or two questions about each of the roles you checked off.

My interview lasted exactly 20 minutes. They called me right at my scheduled time. I was told that I would receive my notification 2-3 weeks from my interview. I had my interview on September 22nd, after 3 weeks I didn't hear from them. I emailed them and got a response saying it would be 2 more weeks. That time frame ended today and still haven't heard anything. Emailed recruitment again and am waiting for a response.

The reason I say all that, is because the interview isn't the hard part, it's the waiting and still keeping a positive attitude about getting an acceptance letter. The interview is laid back, my interviewer was vary kind. All I can say is take a deep breath and smile when you pick up your phone. Also another tip, which I forgot to do. Remember your interviewer's name, and personally thank them at the end of the interview :).

Again, good luck!
-Jaime

hi everyone, i'm kristen & i'm currently on the fall 2008 careerstart program! i know before i started i had a lot of questions regarding EVERYTHING, so if you have any about the program or disney in general, feel free to ask! :]

hi everyone, i'm kristen & i'm currently on the fall 2008 careerstart program! i know before i started i had a lot of questions regarding EVERYTHING, so if you have any about the program or disney in general, feel free to ask! :]

Hi Kristen! My daughter is very interested in the Career Start program for Fall '09. What "roles" are open to CS participants? Can they also audition for character roles? She is a dancer & is very interested in the entertainment side of things, but do those roles fall into the CS program? Any info you can provide would be most helpful. How are you enjoying things so far?

Hi Kristen! My daughter is very interested in the Career Start program for Fall '09. What "roles" are open to CS participants? Can they also audition for character roles? She is a dancer & is very interested in the entertainment side of things, but do those roles fall into the CS program? Any info you can provide would be most helpful. How are you enjoying things so far?

CareerStart doesn't have Character Performer as a role option.

The roles available to CareerStart are:
Quick-Service Food and Beverage
Full-Service Food and Beverage
Custodial
Lifeguard
Costuming
Merchandise
Attractions

wahooo! i sent in my application stuff today :S I know its a little late but HEY who know's i might get some pixie dust my way and get in!! Does anyone know how long it will take for them to contact me and schedul an interview

hello! while the careerstart program doesn't offer character performer as an option when you first apply, if your daughter decides to extend her program after her first semester, she is eligible to audition to be a character performer. my audition is on thursday! :]

After you send in your stuff I would give them about week. They didn't contact me after a week, I emailed them asking if they had received my stuff and they did, they also gave me the next step to set up my interview. When you do go to set up your interview, you can have it as soon as the next day.

Hey Kristen that's cool your extending! Will you still be able to if you don't make the audition, would they still put you somewhere else, if that's something you want to do. If I extend which I'm sure I would want to, I want to audition!

After you send in your stuff I would give them about week. They didn't contact me after a week, I emailed them asking if they had received my stuff and they did, they also gave me the next step to set up my interview. When you do go to set up your interview, you can have it as soon as the next day.

Hey Kristen that's cool your extending! Will you still be able to if you don't make the audition, would they still put you somewhere else, if that's something you want to do. If I extend which I'm sure I would want to, I want to audition!

hey jaime! what happens is that when you send in your extension application, it has a bunch of roles offered [extending your program makes a lot more roles available than your first semester, like character attendant, transportation, etc.]. you are then asked to pick three roles, ranking them in order from what you want most to what you want least. character performer is a choice, & i picked it as the role i wanted most. however, you are only put there if you pass the audition. i'm assuming that if you don't pass the audition, i'm assuming they look at your second choice & try to accomodate you.

ps, it's extremely hard to extend for anyone doing fall 2008, due to the fact that they overstaffed this semester & there are a lot more people applying for spring. it suggests that you stick with your first role of your first semester, & whoever picks that as their FIRST choice will be looked at first for extensions.

I figured it would be hard to extend from what I've been hearing. I have yet to be excepted. I haven't really started to freak out about it. I had my interview 7 weeks ago. But with them having tons of people applying and the economy, I'm sure they are making sure they only hire what they really need. My original wait period was 2-3 weeks, then an added two weeks. Now I don't know, I'm just waiting and going on with life. I've tried emailing them like the site said and haven't gotten a response, so I figure they told me it would be a couple more weeks, calling and asking isn't going to make my notification come any faster. It's just better to let them do what the need to do and I will get it. If I don't have it by the end of this month I'll call.

If I make it, I would love to audition when extend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter