Care To Comment On Adrs

Dis-obrn

Mouseketeer
Our trip is Oct 10-17, staying at SSR, and will be 1st trip with ddp.
So here they are, and feel free to comment not sure about CM or Rose and Crown... 10th Chef Mickeys dinner, 11th Nine dragons dinner, 12th 50's PTC dinner, 13th Artist Point dinner, 14th rose and crown dinner, 15th Kona Cafe dinner. and 16th Raglan Road dinner. I know we have one too many booked but we are paying oop for one of these. CM is not until 9:00 pm, but it was the only time slot. We get in around 2:30 so we could eat a lite lunch. Any suggestions on changes or comments??

I've not eaten at all of them...Chef Mickey is OK food, fantastic character interaction. I have only been there for breakfast, but have a dinner scheduled for my upcoming trip. I haven't been to 50's PTC, but my mother has, and since it was from her era, she LOVED the restaurant. There is some role-playing to really enjoy it, and I am not so much into that, so I have skipped it so far. Kona Cafe is absolutely wonderful...good food, and you get to tour the beautiful resort at the same time! As far as the time goes...when DH & I went by ourselves, the time was not so important - this fall bringing DD 12 and DS 6, we will be eating our TS meals earlier in the day, to avoid tired, cranky, overstimulated kids being forced to sit and eat when they want to go to sleep. You look like you have made some great choices. Enjoy your trip!!!!

So here they are, and feel free to comment not sure about CM or Rose and Crown... 10th Chef Mickeys dinner, 11th Nine dragons dinner, 12th 50's PTC dinner, 13th Artist Point dinner, 14th rose and crown dinner, 15th Kona Cafe dinner. and 16th Raglan Road dinner. I know we have one too many booked but we are paying oop for one of these. CM is not until 9:00 pm, but it was the only time slot. We get in around 2:30 so we could eat a lite lunch. Any suggestions on changes or comments??

We did a few of these on our trip...

*Chef Mickey => nice character interaction but I always think of Chuck E Cheese when I think of CM...food was ok..Kids loved the dessert bar, heck DH LOVED the dessert bar...just a bit crazy but at 9pm, it should be settled down a bit.
*50's Prime Time => Loved the atmosphere and kids enjoyed me being sent to the corner for not eating my greens....very fun premise! Food...for us it was the worst of the trip. We are trying Sci-Fi this time around
*R&C => FAVORITE of our 10 nights. It was our first dinner of the trip and it was excellent..I remember the Stewed Mushroom appi and I wish I was there right now! It was extra magical because we got to sit right on the patio and enjoy Illuminations...it could not get any better!
*Kona => good, good, good food but lacks atmosphere. Our server enjoyed telling us how he was "outta here" (Last day as a Disney employee) and Orlando is not a pretty place outside of the WORLD...oh, thanks for the reality check!

Just my .02 but I feel you should always give a place a chance once and see how it fits YOUR taste! Good luck and enjoy the plan!

Thanks for the comments. We are looking forward to the ddp and to a great vacation. We ate at Sci Fi in January and it was a lot of fun, but for us once was enough.

They sound like pretty good choices! I have not eaten at several of them, but here is what we are doing:
Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Playhouse Disney, O'Hana- B
Garden Grill, CSs mostly- L
Mama Melrose, Coral Reef, Liberty Tree Tavern, WhisperingCanyon Cafe- D

50's PTC and Sci-Fi are a lot of fun! Make sure to use all of your CS's...I can tell you a list of good places to get CS at each park...and make sure you use and work in your snack credits!

Lets see…we went to 50’s Prime Time Café for dinner, and it was okay. The experience itself was fun, but I wasn’t too fond of the food. We’re not going back there on our next trip.

Nine Dragons – Before we went on our trip, I read a lot of bad things about this place…but I still kept our reservation because I wanted to try it out myself. It was HORRIBLE! We were seriously in and out in like half an hour. Our waiter was horrible and rushed us. The food was not good at all. We ordered dessert – and then they came back and said they didn’t have anymore, and only had some kind of ice cream that sounded nasty to us…so we left without dessert. It was just a BAD dinner (the worst out of our trip) and I’d wouldn’t go back there even if they offered me free food.

Kona Café
– we enjoyed our appetizers and our desserts, but no so much our entrées. We aren’t going back there on our next trip.

Can't comment on all of the restaurants you chose, but we had dinner at 50's PT and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Our server was not into it, but the waitress at the next group of tables was a hoot! We had meatloaf and pot roast and it was good.

If others have had a recent experience at Rose & Crown, maybe things have improved. With theior remodel and changes, visits in 2003 and 2006 were not good. The pub is fun, the beer is great

Enjoy your trip! Have you stayed at SSR before? Our first trip home to SSR is this December (101 days away, not that I am counting!) and we are excited!

We ate there last year. Our server left a lot to be desired. I enjoyed my meal but not everyone at our table did. It also has entertainment, but because it's fairly large, feels less like a pub than R & C.

We stayed at SSR last October and loved it. We had a room overlooking DTD, and although some have commented on the noise level, we were not affected by it. We have eaten at RR three times in the last year, and have loved it every time. I hope you enjoy your stay at SSR.

Thank you! If you don't mind my asking, what building did you stay in on your trip and did you like the location?

Thank you! If you don't mind my asking, what building did you stay in on your trip and did you like the location?

We stayed in the congress park buildings in group 2507-2836. We thought it was a great spot. Close enough to walk over to the restaurants and not far from the bus stop. We also liked being on the water and DTD was especially nice to look at in the evening all lit up. I think that every section has something to offer. The newest and last section to open has had some great reviews here on the boards. Enjoy!:yay:

We have eaten at Rose and Crown a few times and love the fish and chips with a nice cold yard. It is a great place to pay OOP because it is relatively cheap for a TS meal. Nine Dragons is another one we like, but usually for lunch. The food is very good. Chef Mickeys we are trying for the first time this year my cousin loved the place. Another friend of mine just ate at Raglan Road and loved the whole place and said they had good music and food. I think you have made alot of really good choices. I would compare prices at Raglan Road and Rose and Crown to determine which one would be cheaper to pay for OOP. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter