Care to add anything?

Jenniww

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a trip for 9 first timers with small children. Want to give them some suggestions on what to take to the park. I know some people like to take as little as possible. I brought a bag last year and didn't mind carrying it.
Can you think of anything else to add?

1 M&M tube filled with 2 quarters and a shinny penny stacked over and over if you child plans to collect pressed pennies
2 Autograph book & large pen for characters to sign
3 Different size zip lock bags they come in handy to store leftovers to snack on later or keep things dry like phones cameras
4 Large ribbon to tie to you stroller to identify yours from others
5 Wet wipes for faces or for cleaning a table to eat at
6 Headache medicine child/adult
7 Small snacks like fruit roll-ups- m&ms- tootsie pops- granola bars- sm bags of peanuts- beef jerky can be brought into the park
8 Small toys- like books- bubbles to entertain kids in line or while waiting for a show to start or waiting for dinner
9 Ponchos from the dollar tree 2 for $1.00 they are not Mickey mouse ones but they are cheap
10 Gum is not sold anywhere on Disney property/ buy it before leaving
11 Glow sticks from dollar tree
12 Key to the world cards
13Camera
14 If its warm a change of clothes for your child- there are little splash parks here and there
15 If it’s going to be a night that you close the park think about putting you kid in PJs before leaving the park in case they fall asleep on the bus
16 Bandaids

On another similar thread - someone posted about taking a cheap plastic table cloth and some clothes pins in a plastic bag - especially if rain is in the forecast (which it often is for this time of year). You can use it to cover strollers so the kiddos will have a dry ride. I thought that was a great idea... maybe because we were stuck in a monsoon last year.

I know you put wipes on there..but I was also thinking a small tube of hand sanitzer might be good. I just got a tube in the travel section at Target this past weekend.

Also, not sure if your camera is disposable, but if not, make sure to take extra batteries/memory cards/film, whatever you might need for a non-disposable camera.

The only other thing you might consider is a ziplock back with dry, thicker paper towels (Bounty, Viva), so if it does rain, even with the ponchos on, you could use them to dry off your faces, arms, anything not covered by the ponchos.

Sounds like you've thought of just about everything.

My family always brings miniature spray bottles. I know a lot of people say to buy the misters (spray bottle + fan) but we're just fine with the spray bottle. You can find them in the travel section at Target for a $1 or so. Though the personal misters are probably more fun to use, they are really bulky. Also as a tip, we store the spray bottles on the outside pockets (mesh pockets) of the backpack my mom carries. My dad once threw it inside the main part of the bag and it leaked and got our camera wet. So either keep it on the outside (where it's more handy too) or stick it in one of the plastic baggies.

Also, sunglasses are a must for my family. My parents always wear sunglasses but I normally don't (as a kid I had regular glasses so I could never wear sunglasses). I started using them in the past few years and it makes a difference, IMO, with the heat. I tend to get overheated with so much sun and the sunglasses tend to cut down on the intensity and I overall feel a lot better. This is, of course, more of a logical reason for me than the fact that we should be protecting our eyes anyway ... :rolleyes1

We also bring handheld games. They sell the "credit-card" games (I believe Hasbro makes them?) that are perfect for carrying around because they're incredibly light. We also bring in at least 2 (Connect Four and Hangman). This way I can play as well as mom (not just my younger brother who is 8) and we also like that they require more brainpower than most Gameboy games (and a Gameboy is heavier).

One snack item that has worked well for us (esp. for smaller kids) are the small, ind. boxes of cereal. Easy to carry and the kids like eating out of them. Added benefit was while doing baby switch at ToT, we use some of the cereal to feed the birds that hang out in the bushes just outside the ToT store. :goodvibes This kept my DD entertained when she was younger.

Also, regarding the headache med. etc. All the first aid stations in the parks (inc. water parks) are stocked with all kinds of medical aids. Aspirin, non-aspirin, bandaids (even princess ones), antacid, and something we recently discovered-ind. vials of contact lense solution as well as anti itch gel (for bites, etc.) They give these items out for free. Plus, the staff is always very friendly :goodvibes , and most of the time they will give the younger ones stickers. Something to remember when a smallish medical situation comes up and you don't have the right item with you.

Have a great time.

How about a medium size ziploc bag to put your camera in ... helps out on the water rides and if it rains no need to worry about your memories getting destroyed :thumbsup2

2 words- Mole Skin!

Mole skin works great when you start developing a blister...

Instead of taking paper towels think about taking a Shami(sp). A cloth that can be wrung out that sucks all of the water out of stuff. Great discriprion, I know! But if it is really hot out you can wet it down and whip it around in the air for a little bit and it becomes cool. You can either drap around your neck or wipe down sweaty faces. Plus if it rains you have something to dry stuff off. I would bring along a ziplock bag to store it in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter