Cards from last year's visit showing in MDE. Can I use them again this year?

Paranoid Android

Earning My Ears
Here's what we did. I got the Orbitz deal. Got my magic code and went into MDE to link the magic code to my account. We are staying offsite, so we are not getting magic bands. When I log into my MDE account, it shows my cards from last years visit (We stayed onsite at Pop Century), and it shows the cards as still active. Are my tickets now linked to these old cards? We still have them and did not throw them away. Trying to figure out if we still need to pick up our tickets when we get there, or just re-use our cards from last year.

PA

Here's what we did. I got the Orbitz deal. Got my magic code and went into MDE to link the magic code to my account. We are staying offsite, so we are not getting magic bands. When I log into my MDE account, it shows my cards from last years visit (We stayed onsite at Pop Century), and it shows the cards as still active. Are my tickets now linked to these old cards? We still have them and did not throw them away. Trying to figure out if we still need to pick up our tickets when we get there, or just re-use our cards from last year.

PA

The cards that are listed as active in your MDE aren't associated with either tickets or your room, so they wouldn't be usable on your next trip. In order to be able to use fp+ you will have to purchase and link tickets to you MDE account. Then you will use the tickets that you bought to get into the park and to access your fp+ selections.

Once your tickets are linked to your MDEx account, and the old cards are linked to the account, then yes, the cards will be usable.

Remember, nothing is actually "connected" to a card or a band except for a long number that identifies the physical item when it is scanned. All the details are connected to the *account*, so any physical media that are active on the account will be able to access the virtual ticket media.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter