• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cardi B's New Song

I like it. Men talk about their stuff all the time. Now she isnt someone I normally listen to (I am stuck in punk/new wave of the 80s), but the song made me laugh.

Haven't heard it but I know of it. No issue with it. Not my thing but whatevs.

Lowest common denominator antics and lowering the bar are nothing now. And unfortunately, those that aren't otherwise good enough can always turn to them to get a response. And those that are good enough can cut corners and get an even bigger response doing it.

Just look at how many careers were made doing it.
Oprah who now looks completely tame today in fact in her time lowered the bar from Donahue who himself did it before her.
Countless so-called artists, musicians, and entertainers of many genres have done the same thing. It's just that with each lowering of the bar, the next one has to lower it even more to get noticed the ones that did it some years before now seem tame in comparison.

Last edited:
Men have been saying much worse in their songs and no one bats an eye. When a woman does it people get upset. (Not you OP. But in general. There have been people in the music business Saying she went too far)
That's what I was going to say.

The lyrics are raunchy but if there's an issue people have with it it should be based on that not about her or her gender.

As far as going too far..have any of those people listen to rap from the early 2000s? Geez maybe a refresher is in order if they think her song is the "oh no you gone done it" line.

It actually took me a few seconds to figure out what WAP stood for, lol. I was listening to a podcast refer to the song but hadn't heard the lyrics yet. I'm so glad I resisted the urge to ask my son what it meant! Whatever :confused3 Not my cup of tea but I do remember enjoying Milkshake by Kelis and Baby got back some time ago. I guess I've gotten old now but I'm okay with that.

And she goes from just making it to being a millionaire superstar everyone is tlaking about, this is America at its best

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter