Card check @ pool

That would SOOOO very cool !
But ,,as usual, I'll believe it when I see it myself.

Yea!

I hope the card check and wrist bands become part of the routine at the Fort.

Bama ed

Excellent!

On my last visit, there were groups that did not have "that camper look" about them. Fort amenities should be reserved for paying Fort guests. Fort activities, like the evening movies, should be reserved for paying Disney guests.

As much as everything costs the paying customer, that paying customer shouldnt have to wonder if they are paying the way for freeloaders.

Room card check at the gate, on the buses, IMHO. I consider my stay at the Fort as part of the Disney experience.

They dont let you walk into MK without a ticket just to look around?

We were just there, literally check out this morning! (June 5, 2011)

As for the room key check at the pool, I did not observe anyone doing this.

However one thing that really annoyed me were those GUESTS reserving tables.
I arrived at the pool at 9:30am with my kids to have a "pool day" and there were NO tables. It would not have been such and issue if there were actually PEOPLE occupying 3 of the tables rather then a few towels and a bag!

Like I said I arrived at 9:30am and there were 3 tables being "held" along with multiple lounge chairs. No "guests" around. :mad: One of the groups finally showed up at 2pm!! Seriously people.....show some respect for the other guests!

. . . However one thing that really annoyed me were those GUESTS reserving tables . . .

1) Disney policy doesn't allow "saving" tables or chairs.
2) When I see "saved" items, it does not bother me.
3) If they are not being used and I want one, I take it.
4) We carefully put any items on the ground.
5) Then, we use the table and/or chairs.

6) Sure, some people complained (some very loudly).
7) But, when they went to CM's, the CM's did nothing.
8) If you are not using the table/chair, it is open to others.

I knew it was BS and talk to a CM friend yesterday and they said it's BS

I got card checked and I wasn't mad but I did see one family leave the mom was pissed they packed up all their stuff and left I really don't think she was a guest because of the big fuss she was making

In all the years that e have gone to Disney, no matter where we stay'd , or what we were doing, I have ALWAYS carried a card with me. Why wouldn't you ???:confused3 You just never know for what ever reason you may need the card.
(you know, like shimming a door open or something)(JUST KIDDING !)

I really hope this is true. After our recent stay I received a survey. I was very vocal and descriptive about my disappointment with the pool situation. We haven't normally carried our cards with us but I will gladly carry them now if it means the pool is reserved for paying guests and NOT locals.

Over at Pop Century they make it a point to remove towels left for more then 15 (or so) min... I do think this is a major issue it is just plain out rude (selfish) to block others out because you want a table hours down range. They use to do this a lot on cruise ships until they created a policy that items will be removed after a period of time. Disney needs to do the same across all of their properties. Besides it is a potential safety issue to not remove a bag that is unattended (you don't know what is in it). We stay mostly at DVC resorts now and you need your card to access anything. I don't see an issue with it. It just makes sure the resort amenities are available for resort guests.

They are definitely card checking. At least they were memorial day weekend. Although for two reasons I think they were just doing this for the weekend. The two reasons are when I was card checked I asked why and she said because of the busy weekend, and they had people already takeover the pavillion that day that were locals not guest. the other reason is after being checked they gave you a wristband that was the american flag. so it was a patriotic band that was paper for memorial day.
however they were very courteous. the asked me for my card. I said mine was at the camper. the nice cm asked if i could retrieve it. She allowed my dw, ds, and dd to remain at the pool partaking in all events till i returned with the key. She was very polite, and very thankful and apologetic about the inconvenience of me having to leave. I told her no problem considering it was my fault beings it says in the rules to have it.
We camp here quite often and i never get charging on my card just in case they ever asked for it by the pool. wouldnt you know the one time they ask i dont have it. however they did warn me at check in to have kttw card on me at all times while at the fort due to the busy weekend, i simply thought yeah right. well they did and i was fine with it. because once they dud start key checks there was a significant amount of open seats became available. also security was tough all over the fort. there was two guys on bikes, a guy on a segway, people at the four way stop and the settlement stop sign most of the weekend.

Wow, that's good to hear that they are finally cracking down. However, they need to do it all the time not just on holidays.

3) If they are not being used and I want one, I take it.
8) If you are not using the table/chair, it is open to others.

I like that! On our last trip to the fort I went for an early morning swim in the Meadows pool. 12 chairs were already reserved even though I was the only person at the pool. I though about taking all their towels an putting then in a nice pile before I left, but wimped out.

I would never dream of using amenities like the pool if I was not a guest, and like many other's, I've seen people dragging in pool gear and coolers from the overflow lot over the years.

Now when I do stay at the Fort (which it's been a while now), I hardly ever carry a KTTW card. A) don't have tickets on it, B) bathrooms are open during the day, C) I try not to leave the Fort in the car, D) there's no charging privileges, E) don't need it to get to my campsite like I would a room.

But if they made a note at check-in to start carrying around the card, I wouldn't be upset if I was caught without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter