Car Service

mouserocker

Earning My Ears
Anyone know of a good, inexpensive, and reliable car service from MCO to POP? We want to spend around $80-85. Any thoughts?

Car service to WDW runs at least $100.00 round trip. That is the minimum for 95% of the companies. The other 5% I wouldn't even recommend.

Before Disney started Magical Express we use to use Tiffany Town Car.
But like the poster above me said you will have a hard time finding someone for $80-85 round trip.

There are many good car services that will get you from MCO to your resort. But not for $80-85. As noted, the less expensive rides are about $100...plus tip. I usually plan on spending about $125 for the ride and then another $25 for tips.
You will find that it costs about $70 to get from a resort to the 'other' theme parks, so trying to find a fare of $85 from MCO to POP is unrealistic.

I had heard from a friend that they had used a car service for $85 plus tips. Oh well...I guess we will just use DME. I was hoping to save us some time since we have a flight home at 9 am.

I had heard from a friend that they had used a car service for $85 plus tips. Oh well...I guess we will just use DME. I was hoping to save us some time since we have a flight home at 9 am.
Well, you could use DME for your arrival to your resort, but use a towncar service for the return to the airport. DME would want to pick you up at 6:00am for a 9am flight. You could have an addlt 30-60 mins at the resort if you go with a towncar. It would most likely cost in the area of about $60 for one way service, but could be off on that. Just don't cut it too close in your return to MCO.

Or just take a cab if you're heading one-way...it will run about $65 one-way for that.

If it's a ride I know about well in advance, I'd use a car service over a taxi any day. For about the same price you get a higher level of service and most likely a nicer vehicle to ride in.

I love using DME, but I'm using a car service to get from my house to my home airport, and then the same on the way home. I never even considered calling a taxi for those rides. I scheduled the car service rides months ago, and I'm looking forward to a clean comfortable vehicle and a driver who sees himself as someone to help my family and me, rather than a taxi driver who's only role is to drive me from Point A to Point B. And of course, I'll tip accordingly.

So I think we are just going to use DME. I keep trying to get a cheap car on priceline, but I can't seem to get anything reasonable. I just didn't want to have to wake up so early to get to the airport. Oh well...it's just something we will have to deal with.

So I think we are just going to use DME. I keep trying to get a cheap car on priceline, but I can't seem to get anything reasonable. I just didn't want to have to wake up so early to get to the airport. Oh well...it's just something we will have to deal with.

priceline is hit or miss for car rentals; they are way more consistent for hotel purchases.

You should still consider what was recommended above ... DME on arrival at MCO, but for your departure day schedule a car service and get yourself an extra 30 or 45 minutes of sleep. It's not as much money as a round-trip car service, and you can get a tiny bit more sleep on your last day.

Thank you everyone. Were just going to use DME for now and see how we feel while we are out there.

Car service to WDW runs at least $100.00 round trip. That is the minimum for 95% of the companies. The other 5% I wouldn't even recommend.

A good quality towncar service from MCO to WDW will charge about $125.00-$130.00 roundtrip plus the chauffeur's gratuity.

Price does not determine the quality of a car service. There are many car services that provide much more service than any of the $125.00 - $130.00 price range because they are indvidually operated and customize their service for each passenger.

Most vehicles are maintained and operated in the same manner so service rests with the drivers who get you there. Those drivers who do business because of service do not have to look for business from the companies who feel they must charge you more.

The higher the price the better the quality or service does not work in this case.

If you do decide to use a car service, be sure to check them out with BBB. At least one service claims in their advertising and web site to be in good standing with BBB.

The BBB says, "The CBBB does not allow any company to use the name or logo without first signing a use agreement form and never as an implied endorsement. The BBB of Central Florida has written to this company requesting they remove all mention of membership in the BBB from their advertising as the company is not an accredited business of the Better Business Bureau. The company has not honored this request to date." http://www.orlando.bbb.org/newsearch2.asp?ComID=073300175146232

Price does not determine the quality of a car service....

You are correct, it's more like the quality will determined the price. Like with most any product or service, you get what you pay for. There are quality limousines and towncar's with professional chauffeurs, some with many years of experience and very knowledgeable of the area, immaculate vehicles, dress professionally, etc. And, there are other companies that will hire any warm body with a pulse, I've seen those driver's at the airport, and talked to them, it's sad...

Bottom line... I'm just trying to educate, it's your vacation, do what you want...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter