• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Service w. Rear Facing Car Seat ?

Banana22

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used a car service that will provide BOTH a rear-facing car seat for a ~20lb 15 month old and a booster seat with a back for ~40 lb 4.5 year old? I realize it would likely require using an SUV type vehicle. We've used a car service in the past but they cannot provide the rear facing seat.

(cross posted in Transportation forum as well)

Thanks

Are you taking there car seat on the plane?
This is why we are taking ME. I have lugged seats everywhere for the past 8 years on planes and airport transfers and I am reallllly looking forward to letting my 4 year old (last child) finally ride the bus and plane without anything. The crash forces are way different on those than a passenger car. So is the risk of collision. I would personally never use a car seat that wasn't in my possession the entire time (rental, checked as baggage, etc) for so many reasons and this is also why I am willing to take the bus to/from parks and am never setting foot in another resort. People keep saying oh call uber or take a cab for an ADR. Umm what is everyone doing about car seats? Skipping them in a cab? I am not sure what to tell you to do...just giving my two cents.

Last edited:
I realize that may have sounded harsh and/or unhelpful, so here's my peace offering: have you checked the transportation board here on the dis?

Depending on when you travel have you checked out the mifold? It is rather small and easy to travel with. Then you only have to worry about a child seat for the infant.

I'd bring a rear-facing seat for the toddler. I don't know what the current lightweight, easy to travel, rear-facing seat is out there right now. But the transportation board might have some suggestions. That way, you can just request a forward facing 5-point harness for the other child.

I'd be careful with the Bubble Bum for a child so young. We had one and my 9 year old did well on it but my 6.5 year old slipped a little - even though the kids are about the same size. The youngest just didn't have the maturity yet to sit properly in one even though he sat in his full-back booster quite well at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter