Car Service from LAX to Disneyland?

CO2CA

Perpetually Planning
What car service provides the best experience from LAX to Disneyland? We usually do Uber but I have been checking in advance and am seeing ridiculous prices for an XL ($176 then up to $302 then down to $201, etc all within 10 minutes). I am not wanting to play that game, so am planning an advanced reservation with a car service. I've heard Lansky is great, but does anyone have any recent experience with them? We want a car service that can pick up curbside at LAX rather than go into the pickup lot.

What car service provides the best experience from LAX to Disneyland? We usually do Uber but I have been checking in advance and am seeing ridiculous prices for an XL ($176 then up to $302 then down to $201, etc all within 10 minutes). I am not wanting to play that game, so am planning an advanced reservation with a car service. I've heard Lansky is great, but does anyone have any recent experience with them? We want a car service that can pick up curbside at LAX rather than go into the pickup lot.
I'm planning a trip to LA, as well, for hopefully after DL allows out of state guests, lol. I've also been looking for a car service. I think we may do a limo ride around LA first though because we will get in super early in the day, way before hotel check-in and we've never been, so it'd be easier letting someone else do the driving.

Last edited:
We have always used Lansky but has been a few years! Also we follow each other on Linkedin, he seems like he Cares about his business and his company is first rate!

Ive used Lansky before and they were wonderful. If Uber prices are that high (!!) then I'd just go with Lansky. They do a free grocery stop on the way too.
We’ve used Lansky two of the three times we’ve traveled to DL. I would never consider using any service other than theirs. in addition to the quality of service, the grocery stop is the BEST thing ever.

We’ve used Lansky two of the three times we’ve traveled to DL. I would never consider using any service other than theirs. in addition to the quality of service, the grocery stop is the BEST thing ever.

It's hard to think about going back to crowded shuttle busses/vans after that! Although I think the only one out there now still operating is Kamel? We would always use Supershuttle but once we splurged for Lansky that was it... 😍

It's hard to think about going back to crowded shuttle busses/vans after that! Although I think the only one out there now still operating is Kamel? We would always use Supershuttle but once we splurged for Lansky that was it... 😍
I believe Karmel is only offering private van and towncar service right now.

I believe Karmel is only offering private van and towncar service right now.

Karmel were certainly a good company pre-pandemic, they'll be doing their best to get business back and we need to support them as and when we can. They have suffered a lot over the last year or so.

We used Lansky last March when we were there and I love them. They are my go to car service for LA. Always there in baggage check waiting for us, they assisted us with luggage and are always courteous.

Looks like an uber is only about $25 right now from SNA (Orange County Airport). Might be a little more expensive to fly into but you still might come out on top with ground transportation costs.

I am taking my toddler in July and was planning to use Lansky so I didn't have to lug a car seat on the plane with us since the only time we would need it is to and from SNA since we are staying at HoJo and can walk to the parks. Anyone have experience having them provide a rear facing car seat? Seat seem safe and good condition?

We're in the same situation, but looking to go the opposite direction -- from Anaheim to LAX (we're flying into LGB and out of LAX). Here are a few that I found with excellent reviews on Yelp:

https://anaheimtowncarservices.com/airport.php ($125)

https://www.sav-onshuttle.net/reservation/ ($110)

https://sunnystransportations.com/ ($140)

Prices are for party of 4. Sunnys and Anaheim Town Car are sedans (so with a party of 4 someone would need to sit next to the driver). Sav-on says it is a minivan.

Last edited:
I am taking my toddler in July and was planning to use Lansky so I didn't have to lug a car seat on the plane with us since the only time we would need it is to and from SNA since we are staying at HoJo and can walk to the parks. Anyone have experience having them provide a rear facing car seat? Seat seem safe and good condition?
Our car seats weren’t rear facing as we only needed boosters, but they were clean and did the trick. Just be specific about what you need when you make your reservation.
I can’t emphasize enough how we enjoyed using their service. It’s great to have someone waiting for your flight to arrive, take care of your bags and load them into the car!
And, as I mentioned before, the grocery stop is fantastic and we bought A TON of stuff (water, alcohol, snacks and sandwich-fixings) to last us for the week. The driver put the bags in the car and unloaded them as well, which I really appreciated.
I made up my mind on our second trip when we used a bus service (can’t remember the name but I don’t think they’re in business anymore) that I would always use Lansky’s for every future trip. Waiting in the heat for the bus at the airport when we really just wanted to get going was a bit of a drag.
It may be more expensive, but in my opinion, it’s definitely worth it.

Thank you all for the great information! You all convinced me, so I called to get more information about the grocery stop. Except both numbers listed on their site are wrong, I think...One lady answered and said no when I asked about the car service and the other number went to a personal voicemail. That worries me a bit because we'll be getting in late at night and I need to make sure things are straightforward.

I also checked Primetime shuttle and they have an executive suv that will do curbside pickup for a good rate (we need it for a party of 5 when we go).

Looks like an uber is only about $25 right now from SNA (Orange County Airport). Might be a little more expensive to fly into but you still might come out on top with ground transportation costs.

We love SNA but the RT flight for us would be $249 each rather than the $110 fares we got via LAX. The airport must have increased their fees to fly into or something a few years ago because it's been like that for a while.

We love SNA but the RT flight for us would be $249 each rather than the $110 fares we got via LAX. The airport must have increased their fees to fly into or something a few years ago because it's been like that for a while.

Probably depends on our your departure location but on Southwest and Alaska Airlines the prices are about the same to fly into SNA as LAX from PDX (portland, or). Or just marginally more expensive.

Also I see that a new airline is flying out of a regional Airport near us to Burbank one way for $19! But then you have to get from Burbank to Disney so that negates the cheapness of it.

The problem with Southwest from PDX to SNA is that all of the flights are about 4 hours and require a plane change. In fact at this point i can not find a non stop flight on any Southwest flight in October to any LA area airport. We booked a 1 stop no plane change to Burbank but the cost for Lansky to take us to Desert Inn is $175. Primetime and Karmel are not servicing Burbank. I guess I save on flight and my time but pay on transportation. Flying back from Long Beach.

The problem with Southwest from PDX to SNA is that all of the flights are about 4 hours and require a plane change. In fact at this point i can not find a non stop flight on any Southwest flight in October to any LA area airport. We booked a 1 stop no plane change to Burbank but the cost for Lansky to take us to Desert Inn is $175. Primetime and Karmel are not servicing Burbank. I guess I save on flight and my time but pay on transportation. Flying back from Long Beach.

Similar experience, though not as bad, here in Sacramento. Southwest used to have 5-6 nonstops every day to LGB, SNA, LAX, BUR and ONT and now they're down to 2-3 and the LGB and SNA trips are all very expensive and often at weird times vs. the $50 each way flights to/from LAX. Even with paying an extra $100 for transport to LAX, we still come out ahead.

I find it laughable that they even offer 4-7 hour alternatives in the search results -- if I wanted to spend that long in transit, I'd just drive.

I echo the others re: Lansky. However, like some of them, it's been a few years since I used them (back in fall 2019). I will say, that with a professional car service like Lansky, I felt far more comfortable knowing that they would (I assume) already know the route to/from, etc., and not need to rely on the phone/app's GPS directions unlike say, Uber/Lyft drivers who may possibly have never been to any of they places you're going or driven that route. For example, Lanksy was familiar with my hotel, the area, the streets, and therefore, no illegal u-turns, last minute stopping double parked to let you out, etc. I wrote a review on Lanksy that year I used them. I loved the included grocery stop between the airport and the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter