Car seats

jowan

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip next yr and wandering if it is possible/allowed to take your own car seats on Virgin flights?

We are planning a trip next yr and wandering if it is possible/allowed to take your own car seats on Virgin flights?

yEP we flew with virgin in june this year, and took our own car seat no problems at all....:thumbsup2

yEP we flew with virgin in june this year, and took our own car seat no problems at all....:thumbsup2

Thanks can I ask how old your child was and if you also had a pushchair. I'm asking because we will be taking our two sons who will be 5yrs and 21 months so will definately need a pushchair. We were hoping to take one or preferably both seats to save on money hiring them. The problem for us I think would be that the youngest wouldn't have his own seat so both the pushchair and car seat would have to go in the hold.

can you take car seats and a pushchair? We are flying with twins next year so thought it would be easier

hi on previous trips i have taken two car seats and two pushcahirs and checked them both in with no problems at all, when my daughter was younger i booked her a seat and took her car seat on the plane for her to sit in they said this is fine as long as it fits within the seat, had the added security of her five point harness car seat so no sliding down under the plane seatbelt and the britas car seat i had also reclined so peaceful comfatble sleep for her a godsend

We have taken both a car seat & pushchair and will be in September too :thumbsup2

Just remember that they both go in the hold so you may want to get some clear plastic to wrap the car seat in. They sometimes run out of bags at check in and the car seats have to go down the oversized luggage belt. The pushchairs are checked at the gate so it isn't so much of an issue.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2, I'm relieved as the car seat hire seems a waste when we have perfectly good seats at home. Just means more money to spend on goodies :rotfl:. We are unsure at the moment if we will go villa or pop but villa is taking the edge for me hence the need for car seats.

yes we always take two seats and two pushchairs no problem. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter