• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car seat concerns

PennockFive

Mouseketeer
I hadn't thought about it before, but now I'm getting very concerned about renting a car seat. Has anyone had a good experience? Can I order two seats from Walmart and have them delivered to our resort?

I hadn't thought about it before, but now I'm getting very concerned about renting a car seat. Has anyone had a good experience? Can I order two seats from Walmart and have them delivered to our resort?

Won't you need them to get to your resort?
We've rented seats, twice with Dollar and once with hertz and had no issues. All looked new (one we even took the tags off - brand new) and you install them yourselves.

We've also travelled with boosters to avoid rental fees - but they are easier to pack and transport than a big carseat.

We are taking the DME to get to the resort. After a week at disney we will be renting a car to visit some family in Florida. That is when we will need a car seat.

How old are your kids? There are some great alternatives like the bubble bum depending on age & size of your kiddo.

I would not rent seats. You have no idea if they've been in a car accident previously. I've heard plenty of horror stories where the manuals are missing from the seats, the seats are expired, the right seat isn't available, etc. Much safer to just bring your own and you will know how to install them. You could have seats delivered like you mentioned, too.

I've asked this question before and was told that it's dangerous to rent a seat because you don't know it's history, and it's dangerous to bring your seat and check it because they get tossed around and potentially damaged. Pretty much you can't win lol. We're going to gate check our seat because sometimes if the plane isn't full they let you use it on the plane without paying for a seat. If you have no where to put it the first week though than ordering one might be your best bet :) They all have to comply with safety ratings the more expensive ones just tend to be more comfy and have more bells and whistles so you don't have to get a very expensive one or anything.

Bubble bum for older kids, ride safer vest for younger kids. Too small for those, I'd bring my own seats and use them on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter