• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Rentals at Savannah, GA airport - need help!

KAMLEM

DIS Veteran
I need to rent a car at the Savannah airport for our vacation at the HHI Disney Resort in July but I cannot seem to find any deals. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!!

I have found that Savannah is just MORE expensive than you will pay in someplace like Orlando. Less competetion, fewer cars etc. You might try priceline or hotwire.

If you have not bought your plane tickets you might consider flying into Jacksonville, FL which has both cheaper airfares for most people and cheaper rental cars.

CarolA-

Do you know how long the drive would be from Jacksonville to Hilton Head? I think it's a lot further than we want to drive.

I have done the drive, but it has been several years. I "think" it was around 2.5 hours. It was not a bad drive though.

We too will be in HH in July. We generally fly into Savannah and rent a car. Word of caution...there is a VERY limited inventory of rental cars at SAV. I had booked a mini-van with National and when I arrived (on time) there were none to be had. They had just given the last one away. There were 5 of us so this was really the only suitable vehicle. National was able to get us a car through dollar for the same price. We got lucky.

For this upcoming trip we are opting to fly into Jacksonville. The airfare was around $100 less each ($500 savings) and the mini-van was $250 less for the week. So for a $750 savings we opted to drive the 2.5 hours to HH.

HTH
Cora

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter