car rental??

TEXASPRINCESSES

Texasprincesses
We are flying into Tampa before our Disney vacation b/c my parents have a beach house around there anbd then we are driving to Orlando and flying back out of Tampa--anyone gotten any good rental car rates lately?? there are only 3 of us so a compact would work but of course is not preferred! ;)

check out mousesavers on the getting to disney area. The codes that she gives you can be used at most car rental companies, not just the ones in orlando. Also if you have an entertainment book, the car rental coupons in that can be used in any town, not just the one you bought the entertainment book for.

I got some great rates through Costco. I assume that Sam's and other warehouse clubs would have similar rates.

Try L&M Car Rental, their rates are ALWAYS cheaper than the national brands, even with codes. Also they allow for a second driver for free if you are married. Recent comparison 1 day other agency $16.50, 1 day L&M $12.04. That is about 25% cheaper. makes a big difference.

We are flying into Tampa as well in June and found the best rate with Alamo through Entertainment.com. We used the $20 discount and received an Alero or compariable for $136 ... everything included for 8 days. The next best rate was $160 something for a midsize car. Good luck !!

PS ... I loved not having to place a credit card hold or money down for this reservation! If I do find a better deal, I just cancel!

kevinbecky said:
We are flying into Tampa as well in June and found the best rate with Alamo through Entertainment.com. We used the $20 discount and received an Alero or compariable for $136 ... everything included for 8 days. The next best rate was $160 something for a midsize car. Good luck !!

PS ... I loved not having to place a credit card hold or money down for this reservation! If I do find a better deal, I just cancel!

Make sure you try your reservation with ALL of the coupons from the Entertainment book. I can't remember which one I used but we are getting the Alero from Alamo(say that fast five times :flower: ) for about $20 cheaper. The dates are May 20th through the 27th. Could it be the change in the month? It may have been the free day one...

That was for EZ car rental and their pick up is off of the airport, that's also why it is cheaper than others.

I still say go with L&M b/c their pick up is right in airport terminal.

Do you use Upromise? If so, try the Budget link from Upromise. The rate is discounted, plus you get a coupon for $15 off a weekly rental (5 days or more) for intermediate-full size. We got a full size for $145 including discounts, taxes, fees. The intermediate and mid size were even less.

i got an intermediate car through national from may 16 through the 25th for approx. $161.00. went to mousesavers to get the discount code though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter