Car rental thru priceline.com???

prncsskimb

Earning My Ears
Any of you used "name your own price" thru priceline for car rental? What size car and what price were you finally able to get? We are going up to CT to visit family in a few months and I've never used this service. I'm hoping for some good feedback here. We'll be going for 5 days over labor day and I'm getting quotes around the $250 mark for a midsize. I'm hoping to get around $20/day. TIA :goodvibes

Kim

I've bid up to $15/day for mid-size, $17/day for full-size/standard and $19/day for SUV for a trip to Orlando in August with no luck. I've successfully bid $15/day for a mid-size in the past so I won't go any higher. I always book a cancelable back-up (this time with Budget at the Doubletree Hotel in DTD) and try to undercut that rate by a significant amount. If I don't have any takers, I have the back-up so I'm not stuck without a car. Good luck to you!

I just used Priceline and got an economy from LGA with a bid of $20/day. The total for a week came to $170.86.
The same rental from Avis.com is $431.95.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter