Car rental question

ArcticWildMan

Mouseketeer
Heading to Disneyland tomorrow night :cool1: I'm flying into Long Beach but flying out of San Diego. My dilema is I don't know which car rental agency to use. I can get a SUV through National or Alamo for the same price. The only difference is the drop off location. National is right at the airport and Alamo is off airport property. Is it easier to use Alamo and take their shuttle to the airport or is National easier since it is right there?

Thanks for any help!!

I think it depends on a couple of things:

1. How much time you'll have at drop-off time. On-airport is much faster.

2. How good you are with navigation. I rented from Enterprise (off-airport) last time I was in SD (May '05) and spent 30 minutes driving in circles trying to find the !@#$^ Enterprise lot when it came time to drop off the car. I could SEE the lot, I just couldn't GET to it!

As I remember, the SD airport doesn't have a central "off-site" car rental facility. I think (and someone correct me if I'm off base here) they are spread out all around the airport. That's not bad, it just doesn't help navigation challenged people like me. ;)

Good luck!

If they are the same price I would go with National. It will be easier to drop off with them and still make your flight. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter