• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Rental Question

EMHDad

DIS Veteran
Found an AMAZING deal with Avis. Just checking if people here like or dislike Avis. Thanks for the info.

I like Avis. If you join their little thing, you stop one time in garage to sign. After that, you never have to stop and go right to your car. I like to get off the plane and go right to the car. :)

They are very easy to find at MCO. They generally have halfway decent customer service.

If you work at it, you can find good deals with most agencies.

I do like Avis, though.

Avis is super. The only reason I don't use them much is that I rarely find a good deal. If the price is right, I wouldn't hesitate.

We've used them in the past. It was fine. You might get a lot more response if you place this question on the transportation forum, though.

We always use Avis. Both my and my Dh's companies offer discounts that get us the best deals with Avis. We've always received nice cars & great customer service.

Can I ask what the amazing deal is?

I don't usually use Avis because you have to take a shuttle but for the right price I could be persuaded.

We use Avis at MCO all the time (usually 4+ times a year). As Avis Preferred members, we just walk directly to the garage and look on the board for our name and what space our car is in. Load the luggage in the trunk and off you go.

Please share your deal - we are going around the same time as you and have yet to find a *deal* on a car..much less an amazing one!:goodvibes

I haven't reserved the vehicle yet. I will tonight or tomorrow morning.

I am getting a standard SUV for 9 days for $225 (plus all the usual taxes and fees that come with a rental car). I think its like $324ish total.

I found the code on mousesavers

THANK YOU!!! I had not been able to find anything for our upcoming trip for less than $350 for a weekly rate. I just booked using that code from mousesavers and am only spending $237 with all the taxes.

Thanks so much.

btw...My DH is President's Club with Avis. It is the only are rental company he uses. And he uses it every week.

Can I ask what the amazing deal is?

I don't usually use Avis because you have to take a shuttle but for the right price I could be persuaded.

Isn't Avis right in the garage? I've only used shuttles for Payless and Thrifty.

I've rented with Avis once in recent history, and that was for the smallest car they had for a couple days. No problems. I usually use whoever I can get the best deal and convenience with.

I've used Alamo/National more recently. I like how they handle the SunPass tolls better than most of the others (you only incur the $2.00 fee per day that you actually go through the tolls, others charge you per day of rental, which doesn't do much good if you only go through the tolls twice on the entire trip...)

THANK YOU!!! I had not been able to find anything for our upcoming trip for less than $350 for a weekly rate. I just booked using that code from mousesavers and am only spending $237 with all the taxes.

Thanks so much.

btw...My DH is President's Club with Avis. It is the only are rental company he uses. And he uses it every week.

You are welcome! :) I am glad it worked out for you. I love not only the great deal, but its a standard suv! So much more room for our family of 4.

Last I used Avis (several years ago) it was offsite. Had to take a shuttle.

BTW, I got a deal on an Elite SUV (seats 7) through Budget. Code D454300 $237 with taxes for the week.

Isn't Avis right in the garage? I've only used shuttles for Payless and Thrifty.
There are several companies that require a shuttle. Avis is not one of them.

At MCO, Avis is at the airport, in the garage, across the street from the car rental counters, and is right there when I get off the elevator/escalator. No long walks, no looking around. Other than hiring a car, it couldn't be more convenient to get one.

It's where L&M used to be, if you're familiar with that.

I don't like shuttles, wouldn't take one.

Avis does not require a shuttle.

Last I used Avis (several years ago) it was offsite. Had to take a shuttle.

BTW, I got a deal on an Elite SUV (seats 7) through Budget. Code D454300 $237 with taxes for the week.

Wow - great deal. Thanks for the code. I just booked a standard SUV for 2 full weeks for $435. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter