• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car rental prices in San Diego are HIGH!

erin1715

DIS Veteran
My husband and I will be flying into San Diego and staying for 3 nights and then heading to Disneyland for 4 nights, then flying out of SNA. So I'll need to pick up a rental car and drop off at different places and that is probably what is driving up the rental price also, but WOW. My trip is mid-July. Any ideas if the rental prices will drop? I can't find anything lower than $380 for an economy!

When in July? Comic Con is July 21-24 this year. Everything goes up for that, so your prices might increase. Could you take the train?

Also, if you are in San Diego during Comic Con call your hotel now to verify your reservation and get the full name of the person you are talking to, because hotels overbook.

As it turns out, I switched our plans around so we will be flying into and out of SNA instead and will just drive to San Diego. Our car rental that way is much cheaper. Our trip is from 7/14-21. We will spend 7/14-7/17 in San Diego and 7/18-21 in Disneyland.

Ah, good. Also learned we have the MLB All Star Game the week before Comic Con. I'm sure that's adding to the prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter