Car rental or ride share?

bigcrit

"No matter where you go, there you are.
Trying to decide if renting a car, parking, and tolls is better than using ride shares for transportation. Has anyone just used a ride-share for a trip. We are staying offsite, near the AK. Flying into Orlando airport too.

When we would stay off-site in the past, we always rented a car since it provide us the greatest flexibility in where/when we wanted to go somewhere. Meals off-site tend to be less costly then eating at Disney so we would usually have dinner somewhere else. The cost of any on-line taxi service adds up if you plan to take several trips during your vacation.

The math for the rental car is.
Rental - 510.00
Parking - 175
Gas and tolls estimated - 100
Total - 785ish

Uber/Lyft - About $20.00 each way. We tend to take breaks so that would mean 4 trips per day. This doesn't include surge pricing for uber/lyft. I am curious how pricey that gets when the parks close.

Thank you all for any help or suggestions you can offer.

The math for the rental car is.
Rental - 510.00
Parking - 175
Gas and tolls estimated - 100
Total - 785ish

Uber/Lyft - About $20.00 each way. We tend to take breaks so that would mean 4 trips per day. This doesn't include surge pricing for uber/lyft. I am curious how pricey that gets when the parks close.

Thank you all for any help or suggestions you can offer.
Plus waiting time at whatever amount you want to put on that. At park close you're probably going to be waiting a while for a ride share. Plus trips to get food or shopping or anything else. For offsite I would have a car, I also like having control over my timeline.

I think you are right. Way to many pitfalls with ride share. We move around quite a bit each day.

I was debating this for our trip last March and went with the rental car. While there I checked prices on UBER. During park opening for about an hour and a half or so the prices went as high as $80. We were staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas on 535, about 10 minutes from the TTC.

I was debating this for our trip last March and went with the rental car. While there I checked prices on UBER. During park opening for about an hour and a half or so the prices went as high as $80. We were staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas on 535, about 10 minutes from the TTC.

Thank you for the information. This solidifies the car rental. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter