• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Rental in WDW???

bongkel

Earning My Ears
I don't know if this has been ask before, but does anybody know where is the car rental in WDW. I was told in Magic Kingdom? and there's another place. Does anybody know what car rental company it is? Thank you!

I believe there are two places you can pick up cars (near the MK at the gas station) and the Sawn or Dolphin. A few years ago I rented from the MK station and they picked us up from the Wilderness Lodge. It was very expensive and we had to return the car by 5ish if we wanted a ride back to the hotel. I think it is Alamo/National Car Rental. I might be totally wrong so hopefully others can help!

The Car Care Center is located close to the MK. If you choose to rent from there, they have a shuttle that you can call for either the night before to make arrangements or up to a few hours beforehand.
The other rental area is at the Dolphin Resort. It is over by BW and the YC/BC.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Thank you for your prompt response!!! :thumbsup2

How much more expensive? Do I need to call Alamo? directly or might there be a phone # I can call? :confused3

I called National because that is the one at the car Care center right downthe road from the poly. I got a great deal, but I will be driving in from Ft. Myers so I will have the car for 8 days and use WDW transportation for the rest of our stay. I also had a coupon, checked online got prices, but called directly and got a better deal. KNow some prices, it seemed the guy I talked to wanted to make a good deal.

You could try to book online thru a travel web site like Expedia or Orbitz. Try to find the Car Care Center as a pick-up & drop-off location. It isn't just Alamo there, like at the dolphin. It was convenient if you don't want the car the entire time you are at WDW.

I'd ask over at the Transportation board (here at the Dis) there was a whole thread on getting great rates - one was using the Entertainment Coupon Books many schools sell, I think I saw a blurb on it on mousesavers.com as well... another tip was Costco customers also could get % off... again, not sure, I do know it was tempting...

and I think I read that renting from the Car Care Center or S&W was pricier than the Airport (and it didnt used to be that way!) its certainly is a game trying to get a decent price for a rental!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter