Car Rental Help!!

Jen94

Earning My Ears
We have decided to rent a car while we're at Disney World in May for our first-ever trip. Our debate is, whether to rent from the airport or from the car care center onsite. Can anyone help us with the pros & cons of each?? Thanks!

Sorry! Didn't think to put that in my post. We are staying at the Contemporary. Thanks!

If you're renting for your entire stay, the best rates are usually obtained when renting at the airport.
IMHO it will also be quicker than ME for getting to your resort and back to the airport.

If you're renting for your entire stay, the best rates are usually obtained when renting at the airport.
IMHO it will also be quicker than ME for getting to your resort and back to the airport.

OTOH, airport rentals can be fee heavy. There's concession fees, airport taxes and other possible fees (my favorite being a "tire" fee at Ft. Lauderdale Airport a few years ago.) on top of rental rate. Renting at a location off airport is usually cheaper:confused3. Be sure to compare total expense of each options.

Definitely price it all out, and check out the various codes and coupons you can find on mousesavers.com. I've never found an off site rate that's better than at MCO, but I know there are more variables than you can imagine!

There are also often threads on this forum for different months, so be sure to seek those out, to try to get the best deal. And don't give up checking, even after you've booked, if you've booked a rate that can be modified or canceled. We've rented from MCO three times now, and each time I've been changing the discounts around on it to get the rock-bottomest deal I can get, in the last couple weeks before the trip.

I have done both and don't have a problem doing either one. Your main consideration should be exactly how many days you are actually going to need your car. Since you are staying onsite you can use Disney transportation to and from the airport and won't have to haul your luggage. and you can use the monorail and bus system for getting around Disney.

That said, I used to drive to WDW just to have my car.. None it is easier (definitely not cheaper) to fly. And since I have a condo I will get my rental at the airport. But I have done one day in front and one behind my condo ressies just to use the Disney transportation and save the extra day(+/-) car rental.

While you are pricing - you should check http://expedia.ca sometimes the Canadian prices are cheaper. You just pay a small fee for the credit card company's currency exchange and there is a small different + or - in price depending on the exhange rate that day.

Another smaller thing to consider is the use of the Emerald Aisle. If renting through National at MCO, you could use the Emerald Aisle, book a midsize and then pick any car in the aisle (potentially much nicer). For National at the Car Care Center, my understanding is that Emerald Aisle is not an option. Just one more variable to include in the cost comparison. :)

The decision should be based upon which location has the better rental rate. Some times the airport is cheaper other times its not.

check out dollars web site i rented a mini van at dtd area for 235 for the week 5/19-5/26 take taxi or bus to dtd not much of problem. wanted alamo but price tooooo high they pick you up at resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter