• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car rental from swan/dolphin?!

I wanted to add that when you get a quote from the Alamo website, check both the Car Care center and the Dolphin. On our last trip, the Car Care Center was cheaper. They will send a shuttle to pick you up from your hotel to pick up a rental and will also bring you back to your hotel when you drop off a car.

An airport pick-up with drop-off at the Dolphin should cost the same as a drop-off at the Car Care Center. Unless the price difference is more than $5-$10 - I wouldn't bother going to the Car Care Center to pick-up the car unless I was staying at a non-Epcot resort. Neither would I be taking the bus to Downtown Disney as a previous poster is doing to save a few bucks with Budget.

An airport pick-up with drop-off at the Dolphin should cost the same as a drop-off at the Car Care Center. Unless the price difference is more than $5-$10 - I wouldn't bother going to the Car Care Center to pick-up the car unless I was staying at a non-Epcot resort. Neither would I be taking the bus to Downtown Disney as a previous poster is doing to save a few bucks with Budget.

There was an almost $100 difference in the rental price between the Dolphin and the Car care Center. I agree that this was unusual and that the price is usually similar but for this particular rental, it saved me a nice chunk of change.

There was an almost $100 difference in the rental price between the Dolphin and the Car care Center. I agree that this was unusual and that the price is usually similar but for this particular rental, it saved me a nice chunk of change.

You are picking up the car at the Car Care Center, right? That IS a big difference in price! Braque is picking up the car at the airport, so the WDW drop-off location shouldn't make a difference in price.

You are picking up the car at the Car Care Center, right? That IS a big difference in price! Braque is picking up the car at the airport, so the WDW drop-off location shouldn't make a difference in price.

This is correct, and exactly what I did a few years back. Fortunately, Alamo didn't charge that much more for the one-way rental than a return-to-MCO rental (maybe $5 more or no extra charge - can't remember), and the price would have been the same to drop it off at CCC or at Dolphin.

Are you staying elsewhere before you arrive at the Swan? Do you really need the car once you get to the Swan - especially since you aren't using it to return to the airport?

Yes, we will only have the car at the Swan for the first 3 of 10 days, then relying on Dis transportation and a towncar back to MCO. - 'll have the care for the two weeks prior to the scheduled drop off

Yes, we will only have the car at the Swan for the first 3 of 10 days, then relying on Dis transportation and a towncar back to MCO.

In this wacky world of car rental rates, even though you are doing the car for just a few days, you might want to price it out for five or seven. Sometimes the weekly rental rate can actually be less expensive than a 3 day, especially if you're able to apply a discount code or coupon -- some of them require weekly rentals. Doesn't hurt to look...

In this wacky world of car rental rates, even though you are doing the car for just a few days, you might want to price it out for five or seven. Sometimes the weekly rental rate can actually be less expensive than a 3 day, especially if you're able to apply a discount code or coupon -- some of them require weekly rentals. Doesn't hurt to look...

But then they'll need to pay the extra parking charge at the swan...so it would probably end up being more.

Last time I rented a car from Alamo I turned it in at 6pm on a Friday instead of 12am on friday night/saturday morning. Since I neglected to keep it for the Saturday overnight (or the 60 seconds), my rate went from $49 to $78. I called Alamo to complain and they removed the additional charge, but it was a hassle. I would just adjust your rental time to the time you actually want to drop it off. I picked up at MCO with a return time of 12am at the Dolphin, I too recieved the warning when booking, but I went right to the garage and picked up my car and was never asked to go back to the counter.

You may also want to look at doing a one-way rental from the dolphin to the MCO on the day you leave. Sometimes you can snag a rate of $35 - $40 which might be cheaper than the towncar.

That's ok, I'd just get frustrated waiting for the wife and kids to get packed at the room anyhow. I'd rather take one last bus ride around WDW and then a nice walk to the Doubletree. I'm a runner so the walk will feel good and I saved almost $100 for a four day rental.

That's ok, I'd just get frustrated waiting for the wife and kids to get packed at the room anyhow. I'd rather take one last bus ride around WDW and then a nice walk to the Doubletree. I'm a runner so the walk will feel good and I saved almost $100 for a four day rental.

I've done the walk to the doubletree before and it was not a huge deal...as long as it's a nice day. Do you know, will Budget send a shuttle to pick you up? I think I read the the Dollar at the regal sun will pick you up for free.

I've done the walk to the doubletree before and it was not a huge deal...as long as it's a nice day. Do you know, will Budget send a shuttle to pick you up? I think I read the the Dollar at the regal sun will pick you up for free.

The Hilton at Downtown Disney has a free shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter