Car rental from Disney AAA Car Care Center

JHS2

Earning My Ears
Has anyone rented from them and what was your experience. It says that they will pick you up from your resort and take you to the Car Center. I'm thinking about renting a car for a day.

We did on our last trip. I made the reservation before we left and then called the day before our rental day to arrange for a pick up time. They were right on time and the whole process was quick and easy. They will drop you off wherever you want when you return it.

Has anyone rented from them and what was your experience. It says that they will pick you up from your resort and take you to the Car Center. I'm thinking about renting a car for a day.

It is National/Alamo at the Car Care Center. They will send a shuttle to pick you up and they will shuttle you back when you return the car.
I had a great experience with them years ago. Let them know about 24 hours in advance of your reservation that you need a shuttle. The number is on the web site for Alamo.

We did it last year during our September trip for one day and it was easy and convenient. We are doing the same thing this year.

Did it on a previous trip. You can make the reservation like any other Alamo reservation. Call them the day before to arrange the shuttle pickup, and they'll pick you up at your resort. Very easy.

We rented from them last year and I wouldn't do it again. The shuttle was fine. It was once we got there that it was a problem. The line was long (there was only a couple of agents) and the agents wouldn't take no for an answer for upgrades/insurance. I kept saying no and he would just push back. Then they gave me a really crappy car. I turns out that the tires hadn't been properly inflated so I had to go back a couple days later and have air put in the tires. They have a much more limited supply of cars there than the airport. Needless to say, I won't rent there again.

We rented from them last year and I wouldn't do it again. The shuttle was fine. It was once we got there that it was a problem. The line was long (there was only a couple of agents) and the agents wouldn't take no for an answer for upgrades/insurance. I kept saying no and he would just push back. Then they gave me a really crappy car. I turns out that the tires hadn't been properly inflated so I had to go back a couple days later and have air put in the tires. They have a much more limited supply of cars there than the airport. Needless to say, I won't rent there again.

This was close to our experience this past summer, too. We reserved in advance and when we got there, they didn't have the category we reserved, but they were running a "special". We had a hard time understanding the agent (our problem), but he was also very agressive. We wound up with way more car than we needed, and paid way too much money for a rental.

We would do it again, but next time do everything we can to stand our ground.

We used them last July and didnt have a problem. Got 2 cars and they were both fine. Used our Costco card to save a ton of money.

Do they have the kiosks there? To bypass the agressive sales people?

They have kiosks, but, you still need to go to the counter for the keys. It is not a secure lot, so they keep the keys at the counter.
If they don't have a vehicle in the category you rented, don't be conned into a "special" they have to provide you with a car and if it happens to be an upgrade because they don't have your class of car, then it is on them.
If they get pushy, after you have said NO the first or second time and they still pursue the "sell" ask for a manager. That usually cools their jets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter