Car rental companies in Port Canaveral

marivigi

Getting a Pluto fix!
Is this doable? We want to rent a car at MCO and drive to Port Canaveral, visit Kennedy Space Center and sleep somewhere near.

The next morning we would like to drop the car off as close to the Cruise terminal as possible.

Would it work? Are any rental companies really close to the terminal or offer shuttles to it?

Thanks!

That's absolutely doable. We always rent a car and drop it. My DH drops the kids and I off at the port with the luggage then returns the car. It's also easier for one to get on a shuttle than an entire family with luggage.

Almost every major car rental company is within a few miles of the port... I believe Hertz is the absolute closest, but the others are only blocks away... we have returned cars to both Hertz and Budget and both offered shuttles, however, I advise you allow more time than you think you should as the lines are LONG with people having just disembarked multiple cruises.

I just rented a one way mid-size car rental from Orlando airport to port Canaveral for $44 ( including tax). It's w/ Budget Car Rental. Agent said drop off is near cruise.. They will shuttle you over..

I just rented a one way mid-size car rental from Orlando airport to port Canaveral for $44 ( including tax). It's w/ Budget Car Rental. Agent said drop off is near cruise.. They will shuttle you over..

To answer your question, yes, they will shuttle you over. Just be sure to give yourself plenty of time in the morning to drop off the car and to take the Budget shuttle. There will be other people doing the same thing you are doing.

Enjoy your cruise!

That's absolutely doable. We always rent a car and drop it. My DH drops the kids and I off at the port with the luggage then returns the car. It's also easier for one to get on a shuttle than an entire family with luggage.

This is how we do it as well. I take DH's passport into the terminal with me and check us all in while he returns the car. He just has to show his driver's license when he gets back to the terminal.

Related question... We'll be heading back to WDW after our cruise. As much as we would like to just take Disney transfers, it looks like our family of 5 will save a bundle by renting. I know Alamo/National has rental locations on WDW property, am I missing any others? We prefer Magical Express from WDW to the airport, so we would rather return on property than to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter