Car rental at resort help please!!!

TinkerBrie

DIS Veteran
So we want to rent a car for our Jan trip. We are staying at the CSR. We want to still take the magical express, so we wanted to rent from the car care center at MK. It is sooo much more expensive then rental at the airport!!! The only saving grace is that we can get a much smaller car if we rent from Car care center since we don't need to fit the luggage. I tried priceline but it said they don't have a location near The MK. I guess they don't participate??? Any info on getting a car (affordably) (hahaha) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!! It can be sooo confusing!!

I believe it's Alamo. I know when we priced it out it was significantly more than the airport. Just curious, if you are planning on renting a car why do you need to take ME? If you rent a car you don't have to wait in the line for ME.

You could try using the Alamo/National counter at the Dolphin, but not sure they will be less expensive.
Other car rental companies have counters at various DTD resorts....Budget, for instance, is at the Doubletree.

I believe it's Alamo. I know when we priced it out it was significantly more than the airport. Just curious, if you are planning on renting a car why do you need to take ME? If you rent a car you don't have to wait in the line for ME.
Many people are not comfortable driving in that area..especially between MCO and WDW.

We just like to take the magic express! It just starts the trip off feeling extra special! (to us anyway!!!!, we are weird!!!) we have done it all three ways, car at the airport, no car and car at the resort, however that was a last minute decision, called from the resort, and WAY over paid!! Guess that how you learn, right!!

We rented in Jan while staying @ Disney. We used an off site rental company who had free pick up and delivery. The car company arrived in a Navigator and it was quite good, just add in an additional 30 mins or so for the shuttle and car pick up.

I went to get the car via the shuttle and then came back to meet up with the family who was finishing breakfast.

~M

See if you rent at the resort and return it at the airport if that might be cheaper than returning it back at the resort. Not as much excitement taking the ME back to the airport as there is coming to WDW. We were going to rent a car from the Dolphin for a couple days to go to (Harry Potter) and it ended up being cheaper to keep it the rest of the week and return it at the airport. You never know. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to rental car rates. Also check on mousesavers.com, she has a lot of discount codes.

We rented in Jan while staying @ Disney. We used an off site rental company who had free pick up and delivery. The car company arrived in a Navigator and it was quite good, just add in an additional 30 mins or so for the shuttle and car pick up.

I went to get the car via the shuttle and then came back to meet up with the family who was finishing breakfast.

~M

Nice. Do you remember who you used??

I believe it was Hertz since with our CAA membership there was a free car seat as well. I'll confirm and get back prior to Jan. I think its standard for pick up from many of the rental companies and in fact there were 2 others in the shuttle with me to the rental company.

~M

Alamo/National counter at the Dolphin is not so much expensive. It is a good try. There are other car rental companies have different types of counters with the various DTD resorts also.

We have a reservation with Enterprise from their Disney Royal Plaza location. They will pick you up from your resort. We found their prices from that location less than the airport. My husband doesnt like to deal with the bags....lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter