Car Rental and Free Parking

Cinderella0616

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I was just wondering.. Is it true that if you rent from National Car Rental (the official rental car agency of Disney) that parking is free at the park/s? I know I read it somewhere and just wanted to make sure.. I've just done so much reading and researching that I can't remember where I read it lol I've gotten a pretty good rate with them using a coupon from the Entertainment Book.

Thanks for any info you can provide

I've never heard that and I always rent from National. You get free parking if you are staying at a WDW resort (which we always do so we got free parking that way) or have an AP.

Hi Deb,

You're probably right, I know I read something to that affect and probably just got confused. Can you tell I need a vacation? lol Thanks for the reply.

This was discontinued by National, and I am not sure when. I believe I read about it in one of the Unofficial guide books, and when I set up our rental car, I asked about it, and person at National said that was discontinued. We just rented our car this last May, and I probably set it up last February.
Doesn't hurt to ask, if anybody would know about it, it would be the counter people in Orlando. I did't think of asking when I picked up my car at the airport.

Thanks Iowa!!

I knew I read it somewhere and I have quite a few different guide books, so I guess I'm not totally losing my mind lol How did you do with your rate at National? I signed up for the Emerald Club and waiting for my membership in the mail. I also have the Entertainment Book for Orlando with a coupon for National in there. We are going in Oct for 16 days and I was checking rates for National online and just with that coupon that allows one upgrade it's quoting me a price of $387 for an intermediate car.. sounds pretty good to me.. what do you think? When I get my information for the Emerald Club, I'm going to compare that too along with my Disney Club membership.. was reading about that on Mousesavers.com

I paid $230 for my compact rental for 10 days, used 20%DC discount and printed off coupon for free weekend day from DC website.(Make sure you have coupon in hand, they ask for it)
My $230 included all taxes, fees, etc.
Sounds like you have a good deal for 16 days.
I signed up for Emerald Aisle for free with DC, but didn't use it since I got a compact.
Loved renting from them, it was so easy. Got off flight, went down a floor for luggage, then down an elevator and we were at the rental counter. Access to the cars is just the parking ramp right across from the counter.

Sounds like you got a really great rate from National, I am keeping my eyes open on all the different rental agencies but leaning towards National, I really want something that is on terminal and by the sounds of it.. National is pretty easy to get to.
The only thing that I don't understand is all these extra charges when you go to rent them, I mean I can deal with a couple.. but Tire and Battery charges?? geeez!!! Isn't that what they get their money for.. to keep up with the normal wear and tear and maintenance? I just find it ridiculous.. but oh well.. I need a car, I'm not sticking my thumb out lol Just venting.. it's a Monday..ugh.
Thanks for all the information! The people on this board are the best!

I actually got my minivan for 6 days for a rate of $278 using Interval Int'l. You can also rent with them and combine it with the coupons you get at BJ's wholesale club for an upgrade or $$ off or the coupons from the Entertainment book. The only bad thing is that they only use Hertz. (I prefer avis)

BTW what does the parking cost? and is Star-Island Resort considered on-site or off-site?

Booked thru dollar.com for end of next week

minivan using code MCC $209.99/week
compact using code MCC $120.99/week
intermediate using code MCC $174.99/week
intermediate using code ENTERTAIN $125.00/week

I had originally gone in planning to get a compact, but decided to get the intermediate for $4.01 more/week

Don't let them fool you with all those extra charges, check with your credit card company, most CC's will provide that extra insurance if you use the card to rent the car. It's not necessary to pay those charges. If you own a car, check with your insurance company, usually, depending on the state, you are automatically covered under your insurance when renting a car. Let's not forget the car rental companies are out to get every penny! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I've also noticed that the ENTERTAIN code gives great rates at Dollar. Does anyone know where it comes from or if it requires proof?

It sounds like it may be from the ENTERTAINMENT book, however I can't find any mention of it in the book or on the Entertainment web site.

Anyone know about this code?

I would like to thank Fox for the ENTERTAIN code. I just got a minivan for $230 a week. We are picking up in Ft. Lauderdale and returning in Orlando and I couldn't get a good rate with the other codes. I have tried car company after car company and they were all going to be over $500 for a minivan. Thank you so much for the code. It saved us a bundle and I can finally rest tonight knowing that we have a vehicle for our trip next week.

I called Dollar and you do not need proof or a coupon to use this code.:D

Dollar rental is also in terminal
I got a minivan for 10 days $289.97 base rate (209 was the weekly rate + 2 extra days) with the HVG code.

Watch your times! Our departure flight was 2:50 and we planned to be at the airport by 12:40 but if we return the van at 12 we saved $50 (and we have to be at the airport early anyways!)

THANK YOU for the Entertainment code at Dollar! I just saved $53 on our 8 day full size car rental! Way to go DIS!

The only thing that I don't understand is all these extra charges when you go to rent them, I mean I can deal with a couple.. but Tire and Battery charges?? geeez!!! Isn't that what they get their money for.. to keep up with the normal wear and tear and maintenance?

This is a tax that goes to the state for tire & battery disposal, not replacement. All rental companies charge these extra fees and they do not keep them, they go to either the local or state government.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter