car insurance shooting up?

S_White

Earning My Ears
My Car insurance company just raised my rates giving the weirdest logic! My car is insured with the same company ever since I bought it 5 years ago. This time, they increased my bill by $45 saying I’m no longer eligible for the “new car” discount. Has this happened with anyone else? Do you actually pay higher rates for older cars? I’ve never done this before, but I’m left with no choice now than to shop for another company!

Shop for another company. Loyalty to insurance companies is not economical, unfortunately. When I shopped around the last time my rates dropped by over 50% for the exact coverage.

yes the new car discount exists. and as the car ages it is lost..
the logic. newer cars have newer and more effective safety features.

used to be a discount for anti lock brakes. its now gone in most states because there is not enough evidence to support it being effective in preventing accidents.

careful switching companies. most dont bother to get ur driving record til you renew. thats when they find any tickets or accidents. so they look cheaper for the first 6 months. then the suprise rate increase.

i know allstate will give cheaper rate then run driving record and increase within the firs 30 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter