Car hire

sovietsong

Earning My Ears
Hi all , heading off to Orlando on the 21st April for 2 weeks , looking for a basic car for 4 adults ,myself and my daughter who is 25 will be the drivers ,does anyone know if Alamo Brits is the best option for us they seem to be offering 2nd driver free at the moment ,thanks

Personally I would not go for anything smaller than full size, we went as 2 adults and 2 teenagers in 2008, struggled to get 2 weeks of luggage in the trunk of a full size, no-way would I go for anything smaller.

Brits price is £276.93
Holiday Autos £284.91 (including 15% discount link, 12% code and 12% QUidco)

Link with instructions & code http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...e/734198-holidayautos-discount-worldwide.html
EARLYBIRD12

Or intermediate SUV
Brits £287.51
Holiday autos using same method £276.59

Holiday Autos prices include extra drivers & tank of gas (max) Brits deal does not include gas.
Both are with Alamo.
I used Holiday Autos for all my rentals last year doing this, no problem at all but remember cashback is never guaranteed.

Great thanks ,the only thing is my daughters used to driving a Citroen c1 and maybe wouldn't be as confident in such a large car

Great thanks ,the only thing is my daughters used to driving a Citroen c1 and maybe wouldn't be as confident in such a large car

You problem will be luggage space in a small car. Have a look at post #28 by Bev here http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=107406&page=3
She rented a compact (2nd size up, economy is the smallest)
You can see just 2 bags fills the trunk, not even suitcases.
Have a look thru that whole thread to see sizes of cars.

We rented a compact and got a Volkswagen Beattie it was only me and DH and we had it mid trip so luckily never needed to put luggage in it other wise it wouldn't of fit.

I would suggest something but bigger for comfort too x

when it's 4 or more of us, i always take a mini-van (those lovely town and country mini-vans or something similar)..

last year, since it was just 3 of us, i reserved the smallest car..
but they were out of it and gave me a gorgeous brand new mini-van instead!! i was thrilled about it...
i really like having something big on the big roads in orlando....

i find them very easy to drive even though at home i drive a small honda jazz!!

DD rented a car in orlando the first time this summer...i think she had a compact, but she wasn't very happy with it...
she only decided to rent after she was already at WDW, so she picked one up at the car care center....they gave her a rent-a-wreck!!
she didn't drive off property, as driving in america was a bit challenging for them...

We've booked through AffordableCars.com using our tescos clubcard points to save some pennies.

For a full size 4 door, it'd cost you £227 + £50worth of TCP
or for an intermediate SUV it'd cost you £238 + £50worth of TCP

We've booked through AffordableCars.com using our tescos clubcard points to save some pennies.

For a full size 4 door, it'd cost you £227 + £50worth of TCP
or for an intermediate SUV it'd cost you £238 + £50worth of TCP

Seems a bit high.
Is that with tank of gas and extra drivers?

Just priced up going this Sat for 2 weeks using method above.

Full size (2dr as Alamo don't distinguish, 2/4 doors are all under the same collection point) £172.16
Int SUV £183.47

With Max (tank of gas & extra drivers)

Full size £215.62
Int SUV £229.24

Thanks all , ended up ordering a SUV , I've done the Alamo save time option , does this mean you go to a kiosk and "book" yourself in ? Where do you get the keys from? Are all the car full of petrol? And finally can you have a practice in the car park ? Lol

Thanks all , ended up ordering a SUV , I've done the Alamo save time option , does this mean you go to a kiosk and "book" yourself in ? Where do you get the keys from? Are all the car full of petrol? And finally can you have a practice in the car park ? Lol

I used the electronic kiosk last Nov. I tried last July without success, thankfully the desk was empty so didn't matter.
Nov I managed to get it to work but they won't(wouldn't) accept a UK DL by scanning, I had to enter all details manually.
Only thing I could not get it to accept was additional driver, DW has never driven in 30 trips so we decided to leave her off rather than go in the line which looked over 1 hour long.

Keys are in each car ready to drive out, you have to show documents on exit. Yes all cars are full of gas.
There isn't really room to practice, they are very busy places with cars leaving and being replaced al the time. Space is very limited.

I am being a bit cheeky and jumping on this thread but i never seem able to get good deals on car hire and would love some help.I fly into Orlando on 10/8/13 for 16 days,there are 2 adults,1 teenager and a 9 year old plus 4 suitcases,am i best waiting or booking now and if so who with?????any help will be much appreciated:thumbsup2

I am being a bit cheeky and jumping on this thread but i never seem able to get good deals on car hire and would love some help.I fly into Orlando on 10/8/13 for 16 days,there are 2 adults,1 teenager and a 9 year old plus 4 suitcases,am i best waiting or booking now and if so who with?????any help will be much appreciated:thumbsup2

Can't see any great prices about just now, its a bit early. Full size car or intermediate SUV around £300. You should be able to do better than that.

Compare it to collecting a car tomorrow thru this link for 15% off http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...e/734198-holidayautos-discount-worldwide.html
Use code VCWEEKLY10 for £66 discount
And Quidco for another 15% cashback
The same intermediate SUV they are quoting £300 for in August would cost you about £188 tomorrow for 16 days.

I have the same issue, looking for an intermediate SUV for three weeks in october (14/10 - 04/11), but it's just too early to get good deals. So far the best has been with staff discount at Hertz £468, hoping to beat it nearer the time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter