Car hire via Virgin

**tinkerbell**

Mouseketeer
Has anybody hired a car through Virgin? We are looking to do this and pick it up at the disney car centre - do you have to leave a security deposit when you pick the car up?, or is everything already paid for? Thanks x x

Virgin may not be the best route as they don't seem to include the insurance with your car hire. If you go via the Brits Guide it includes all the insurances you need and extra drivers. You can still pick up from the car care centre

Virgin were not too bad in Jan when they had free upgrades on but now back to full price I would expect expensive again.
As Mikki says Alamo Brit rate is usually competative but for August I have found Hertz the cheapest. Details in this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2401659
Virgin prices are fully inclusive or they do a Gold/Platinum option that also includes a tank of gas and additional drivers. You don't ned to take anything else they offer but they might try to sell you Sat Nav, roadside assist, upgrades or anything else they can think of, just say no. No idea about security deposit, I rent from Dollar, Budget and now Hertz, they all have my credit card on file under theor frequent renter programs.

We got our car with Dollar through Virgin. We didn't have to leave a security deposit but they did take CC details. The sales man also tried to tell us that the car we'd booked would not be big enough for the 4 of us, but seeing as we'd had the same size car around 30 times we were confident that we and our luggage would fit in, but he wasn't having any of it and kept insisting that it wouldn't be big enough!! So beware, don't let those sales guys talk you into getting any additional stuff!

i think now virgin go with alamo and have read you have to leave a credit card with them. I have hired through virgin holidays with dollar and never left a card as I have taken the platinum insurance

I just compared Hertz and Brits for my October trip and Brits were almost £100 cheaper - and it may be a plus but you don't pay until the end of your trip. On the downside you pay in dollars so could have exchange rate problems. Not a problem for me as I have a dollar account and got money when the rate was rather better than now. It is always worth checking several options each time you go because it does vary who is cheapest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter