Car Hire - Help Please!

Bilboo

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Next visit to Orlando is April, and this is the first time since 2001 I've booked the hire car separately so out of touch with the best providers and anything I need to look out for.

Holiday was booked with Virgin, however they're car costs were excessive. There's only two of us and the car is for getting to the parks and generally getting around, so it will be parked at the hotel or a car park most of the time and as such not after anything fancy.

Would like to pay everything up front before we go so it's just petrol (or gas) that we're paying for out there.

Any thoughts on where I should be looking, and what I need to ensure is included in price?

Thanks in advance
John

Probably not the cheapest but I always go with Avis.

Buy purchasing on their UK site you are covered by all the UK an EU laws which gets to a lot of the insurances for free that you pay for when buying in the states.

Never had any issues with them. :)

Have used both Budget and Avis with no problems - book through UK site and get full insurance package included - no need to add extras when you get there. If buy a full tank of fuel, then there is no need to take back full.

Try Alamo - there have been some good prices through Virgin Atlantic in the past (not holidays) or try direct

If you book through any UK site it will include the relevant insurances.

I second Alamo-we have used them for the last 5 years and had no problems-you can even 'skip the que' now which means as soon as you have your luggage you can go to the garage and pick your own car-I much prefer this than being 'given' a car as you have no control over what you get!

Google Alamo brits as the Brits guide gives 10% off Alamo. We are going in February and for 10 days rental (including insurances etc..) we paid £269 for a standard suv... They include an extra driver as well so both of us can drive there.
We am have never had any problems with 'up sell' as you get from other providers either!

Happy planning!!

Thanks for all the replies, going to get it booked to the weekend - I'll let you know how I get on.

USrentacar.co.uk has always been good for me.

Have used Dollar and Alamo at MCO and never had issues.

Am seriously looking into Sixt this year. Prices have rocketed and they reviews seem good, even though they are offsite via their shuttle.

Just priced up thru Brits for our Cali trip this year, £435 (same price with USrentacar). Same rental thru Hertz with 10% AA discount and 11% Quidco = £360. Shop around

I went car on the drive. Picked up from airport dropped to your villa where they have dropped your car already and they pick you up again to go to the airport. Means you dont have to worry about driving as soon as you get of the plane and your car is at your villa or hotel. When we go next year will be using it stops a lot of worrying about the drive when you land.

I went car on the drive. Picked up from airport dropped to your villa where they have dropped your car already and they pick you up again to go to the airport. Means you dont have to worry about driving as soon as you get of the plane and your car is at your villa or hotel. When we go next year will be using it stops a lot of worrying about the drive when you land.

Once you've driven out their once, the drive to and from the airport is pretty smooth. How much more is that service than just hiring at the airport?

Hi there. Im not sure how it would work with international guests, but what about an Uber? This is great if you are staying on property and dont want to wait in line for buses. If you do some traveling off property, then a rental is def the way to go. Its just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter