Car help from Tampa!

Sunnygal75

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to help my sister find a rental car for Tampa Airport for April. Seems it's cheaper to fly into Tampa for their dates then into Orlando so they are gonna fly there then drive to us.

Can someone help me find the best deal for a SUV please?!?!

Thanks.

Did you look at www.expedia.com? That's what I would do. You can go the www.mousesavers.com and look up rental discount codes. Then go to each rental company and see what would work. It can take a lot of time and you need to keep checking because the rates may drop.

Tampa has all the magor rental cars there u should have no trouble at all its a stright shot out of the airport on 275 to the 4 to wdw!

Book the best rate you can find now & check sites like www.rentalcodes.com they have a continuous daily update of new codes that come out. Also do a random check on www.expedia.com or travelocity from time to time as car rental rates change daily. If you see a company whose rates have dropped a lot, then plug in some of the discount codes for that company. It takes a lot of work, but you'll find a great rate if you do the legwork

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply :)

Donna & travelcoupons...thanks for the mousesavers and rentalcodes links. They seem quite helpful :thumbsup2

I enjoy using http://www.carrentalsavers.com/, as it allows me to run several scenarios (location, automated discounts).

Tampa can be higher than Orlando in rental car prices. Also, there are no tolls between TPA and WDW, but there is a toll road near the airport, so just watch the signs as you exit.

Thanks for the link! I will pass it on. :)

We personally won't be coming from there but I will surely pass the info. on to my sister so thanks (again) :)

Other places you may find discounts are thru AAA, AARP, or possibly if your employer has a discount program (ours does). I joined the Emerald Club, used an AARP discount and some type of coupon or code, and got a great rate, although it didn't go way down until about 10 days before our trip.

Check out the Zalyn website. IMHO, it is much easier to use than the others and gets you pretty good results quickly.

I like to think of it like kayak.com for coupons. You simply enter your info and it figures out which coupons should work for you. By signing up, you can enter your membership(AAA, Costco, etc) and rewards program and it includes those coupons as well. They show a number of coupons and you can compare the discounts in batches of five at a time. They basically send your coupons over to Travelocity to see the discounted rates.

Tip: Sometimes on Travelocity, the top column says discounted but the rate is not really discounted. If you look to the right, you'll see the "undiscounted" rates for the agency and can see how much you saved. Remember to compare the total amount. It seems some coupon discounts don't change the daily rate but the total amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter