Car Care Center/Car Rental

natcam1996

Mouseketeer
We'll be staying at BCV/BWV 6/22-7/2/03. We're planning on renting a car only for the weekend of 6/27. Any advice on how to go about it or what company to use? I guess I was assuming we would pick up/return the car at the Car Care Center. Apparently you can rent Alamo from that location. I just thought I'd get some feedback/advice from the experts.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I've heard that there is a car rental place at the swan or dolphin. Thats within wlking distance can't beat that. I'm sure somebody will confirm this. Have fun

We're looking to rent a car for a few days also (but we won't be going down until next March). We're going to visit family in the Ft. Myers area after our time at WDW, and flying out of the Ft.Myers airport, so we won't be dropping off the car at WDW. We'll be interested in finding out what company has a rental desk on site. Thanks!

Almost all the hotels near DTD have a rental on site, each one is different. For example, the Doubletree has Budget, which we have used twice. They send a van to pick you up, and will return you to your hotel when you turn in the car, if you wish. We also have had our airport transportation pick us up at the rental desk at the end of our trip. These places are small, and we've never had to wait. If you look up WDW resort info, the hotel descriptions will tell what car rental co. is at each place. Maybe you can find a bargain rate at one before you go.

We just returned from our trip Tues. We rented from Alamo at the airport and turned our car in at the Dolphin. They had an Alamo/National desk in the guest services area of the lobby (to the right and separate from the front desk/check-in area).
And it is within easy walking distance to the BC.

movingtoorlando is correct if you are staying at the BCV /BWV the Dolphin is the place to rent and return the car assuming you are using national or alamo. It is very convient and a very short walk, 5 min tops. If you go to the car care center is will be a longer ride and a wait on a bus.

The DIS Boards come through again!! Thanks for the advice. I logged onto the Alamo website last night after I saw these responses and reserved a car at the Dolphin. I wasn't aware that was an option. But I do have to call today to see if I can get a discount applied. the website didn't seem to be handling that too well last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter