Car & Air ressies through MS

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Has anyone here made rental car, or airline reservations through Member Services? Is there any advantage (price or otherwise) in doing this, or is it just for convenience?

Thanx....:cool:

the same thing. Hmmm. I need a car in August and would love to know if it's worth the time to talk to MS.

Thanks.

I did not use them to book air, but I did question it when I booked our cruise and the CM pretty much came right out and said I'd do better checking into it myself!

I suppose if you're someone who has a fear of computers or likes the peace of mind in using a travel agent, MS would be a good option, but for me, that's part of the fun in planning!

About 5 years ago I checked with member services on a rental car rate. They got me my best deal. At the time, I wasn't as proficient searching the internet for rates, etc. It was, I think, more of a corporate rate. It's at least worth checking it out, IMHO. If you do, let us know if it was helpful!:)

Two years ago MS had the exact same airline ticket price as USAir. I purchased through MS. No problems.

Last year I used them for both air and car. I looked on the internet first and found some air rates. I told them the time of the flight I wanted and the price I saw. (US Air) The price I got when they made the ressies were actualy cheaper (not by much).
However when we made the ressies for the car rental (National) I got a better rate on my own. After they booked it for me I called myself just to check. Even tough we still used National I got a cheaper rate myself.

I guess it pays to check yourself then do everything at one time. You can always call and verify the price later.

Last year we tried to use MS to book our car out to VB... The rate they got was nowhere near what we could get on Internet promotional deals....

Four years ago, I used CRO to book airfare for DCL.... While they weren't the cheapest, I did feel a little more at ease knowing that if something happened with the booking of the airfare that caused me to miss the boat, I could go back to the CRO...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter