Capture the Magic Kits

Do they usually sell the holiday packs only during that season or do they have them year round? I'd definately pick up a couple of the Halloween packs on my November trip if they still had them. Does anyone have any pics of them or the Christmas packs?

The park stuff is what I'm so excited about picking up when I'm down there - I am assuming they also carry those "Impressions" park papers at WDW as well? Or do I have to order those online?

NED

NewEnglandDisney said:
Do they usually sell the holiday packs only during that season or do they have them year round? I'd definately pick up a couple of the Halloween packs on my November trip if they still had them. Does anyone have any pics of them or the Christmas packs?

The park stuff is what I'm so excited about picking up when I'm down there - I am assuming they also carry those "Impressions" park papers at WDW as well? Or do I have to order those online?

NED
I don't remember seeing any holiday packs when I was there July 2005, but they had a birthday themed one. I may be mistaken, though. The packs I bought were $15 each (someone asked earlier and I don't think it was ever answered). I'm not sure what you mean by impressions paper :confused3

jenr812 said:
I don't remember seeing any holiday packs when I was there July 2005, but they had a birthday themed one. I may be mistaken, though. The packs I bought were $15 each (someone asked earlier and I don't think it was ever answered). I'm not sure what you mean by impressions paper :confused3

Thanks for the info. At $15 each I'd probably only buy one pack instead of multiple, LOL, but I'd still definately pick one up. I'll be crossing my fingers they still have them in November - Halloween is my favorite time in WDW and I'd much rather have Disney themed Halloween kits instead of the regular Halloween pages I was going to buy at the local scrapbook store. I'll be there for Christmas this year, so I'll definately be picking up one of the Christmas kits as well for scrapping this next trip.

The impressions paper...perhaps I'm calling it the wrong thing. I'll have to go look it up. It's that paper series with pencil-looking drawings of Tower of Terror and Great Movie Ride, Castle and Main street, etc. They seem to have two matching sheets for each park. They look really neat, but I'd rather buy them on my trip instead of ordering them online if possible.

And while I'm at it, I might as well be bold and ask another question as well...does anyone know of a source with decent prices to get a 2004 book? I found a cheap 2005 one but can't find any 2004's.

Thanks again everyone!

NED

When we were there in Sept., they had the Christmas packs--there are 4 different designs. They also had them out in June. They had the Halloween ones, but I'm not sure if they will have them after Halloween.

I love that paper you are talking about! They do not sell it at the parks (at least not in Sept.), but I bought mine from mousememories.com. It came this week, and it looks better in person than it does on the site!

Does anyone happen to have any pics of the Christmas kit? I'm curious what the papers look like.

I found an eBay listing for the Halloween pack, and I wasn't impressed enough to buy it immediately that way. If they have them when I go down in Nov. I'll probably pick one up "just because", but I the paper didn't have anything to do with the parks. It was cute, but I was expecting something a bit more "disney".

I'm so glad to hear the Impressions paper looks great in person. I'm going to order up some this week. Apparently, they just came out a week or so ago, so we can hope the parks end up carrying them.

I know people are generally pretty BLAH about the offical Disney scrapbook store in DTD, but I assume they carry most of what mousememories has? I'm going to place an order there this week, but I prefer to get what I can actually at WDW, only because I like the thought of buying it there and using it to make my pages.

NED

jenr812 said:
I am SO glad you explained that!!! I love that page and even printed it off so I could shamelessly scraplift it and I was so bummed I didn't have those borders. Now I know why LOL Looking more closely, I *do* have that paper :banana: Thanks. I love that page.

Hi Jennifer - I'm so pleased that you liked my page enough to scraplift! And SO pleased that you have that paper. Can't wait to see your page. :thumbsup2

NewEnglandDisney said:

NED

These Impression papers are by Zatara and are gorgeous. They are exclusively carried by mousememories .com (it says so on the bottom of each paper) so you won't find them at the parks. I just received mine on Friday and I do like them. The MK paper shows a castle and Main Street, Epcot paper shows the "Golf Ball" and a fountain, the Studios shows the Chinese theatre and Tower of Terror - these papers are all bluish/gray and the AK, which is mostly tan, shows a "Safurry" truck with animals and Rhino Ranger.

As far as the holiday kits go I think they mostly carry them around the specific holiday. You might find some Halloween near Christmas but only if they don't sell out. I wasn't impressed last time I went with the Disney scrapbooking stuff at Disney - I did buy one kit so I could have ride stickers but I really don't like the borders around all of their stickers.

NewEnglandDisney said:

I know people are generally pretty BLAH about the offical Disney scrapbook store in DTD, but I assume they carry most of what mousememories has? I'm going to place an order there this week, but I prefer to get what I can actually at WDW, only because I like the thought of buying it there and using it to make my pages.

NED

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went with that mindset and came out in tears (of frustration). Ten albums, Mickey scissors, some punches, less than 20 paper packs, stickers, and a few other things.

That was Feb 2005 and from what I have heard, it is not much better in 2006.

Sorry for the bad news. :guilty:

NewEnglandDisney said:

NED

Sorry, but the scrapbook store doesn't carry half of what Mousememories offers. The scrapbook store has the kits, some scrapbooks, a few sticker packets, and a little more. It is not an impressive selection.

Oh well, consider my expectations completely lowered, LOL. :)

I will be going there to take a look at the albums, though, and paper packs. I know I'll want one of the holiday ones since I will be down there attending MVMCP, and I've seen two of the "capture the magic" kits that I MUST have (if they carry them at the time, of course) - I didn't catch the exact names, but I think it's the Theme Park Icons pack (that has the beautiful papers showing the castle, tree of life, etc.) and another one that had an actual park maps on the paper. That kind of stuff is why I want to scrap, LOL. I just wished I could get it seperately, but of course that is why Disney wants us to buy the whole pack with the other papers that aren't as distinctive. ;)

NED

I am hoping they still have some Halloween packs when we arrive because I need one for the our MNSSHP pics!

Squid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter