Captains Signature

ptcbass

DIS Veteran
When we were on the Dream we made a point to go get the captins signature. It was a really short line. We had a photo book signed and had pictures taken with him (to put by his signature in the book).

I didn't seem to be a popular event. I wondered if anyone else goes and if you get his signature what do you have signed?

We didn't have the captain sign anything on our cruise but I did have a picture taken of our girls with him.

We also have pictures of our kids with the captains on each of our cruises. Never did signatures

We had the captain sign some hats for us. Mine is a really nice, white DCL Nike hat and it looks sharp with the signature in black on the brim!

A few years ago we purchased a beautiful tapestry of the Magic and Wonder on the ship and had Capt. ( at the time ;) )Tom sign it. It's my favorite souvenir!

On our cruise we had special documents made ahead of time and took them to GS asking for the Captain to sign. They refused, saying we had to stand in line to get that. We had brunch at Palo the one time he was signing things, they said if we wanted his signature we would have to cancel our brunch reservations. End of discussion.

I always get something signed by the Captain. On my last trip on the Dream I took a copy of D23 Magazine - the one with the Dream and Capt. Mickey on the cover. I have an ornament, a few pins, a book about the making of the Dream and a small replica of the Wonder that are all signed by the captains.

I was surprised how short the line was when I was on the Dream in November. I rushed to get there on time and there were only about 5 people in line.

Our first time on the Dream I had Captain Gus sign a generic autograph book and take a picture with us. The second time on the Dream I had him along with the characters we came across sign a Photobook that I had created by Shutterfly.com from our first cruise. He loved the book and thought it was a great idea. We also saw him walking down a hallway and we had two pictures taken. One with all the grownups and one with all the children. I created another Shutterfly book from my second cruise and will seek out the Captain of the Wonder and have him do the same for our next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter