• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captains Grille or Spoodles ?

CBCit

Love the Mousecat
Looking for a moderately priced dinner. My first choice was Kona, but they were booked. The CM recommended Captains Grille, but I don't know much about it.

Haven't been to Spoodles, but we really enjoyed Captain's Grille. Went in December 08 with DH and DD. DH and I had a bowl of clam chowder and DD10 had a cesaer salad for appetizer. Both were excellent. DD and I shared the prime rib. It was great and plenty for us to share. DH had the strip steak. He enjoyed it as well. We had no room for dessert. I had a glowtini, which was yummy.

I've never heard of Captains Grille. I just looked it up on allears and the menu looks great especially the desserts. I love Spoodles but I think I would have to give Captains Grille a try. Does anyone know if it's on the DDP?

I've never heard of Captains Grille. I just looked it up on allears and the menu looks great especially the desserts. I love Spoodles but I think I would have to give Captains Grille a try. Does anyone know if it's on the DDP?

:thumbsup2 Yes it is!!

You've gotta' try "Captain's Grille" ! No way I would pass it up. I've had some very good experiences at "Spoodles", but my first nod would be to the "Grille".

Last may, DW and I had a great lunch at Captain's Grill. We boated over from Epcot for lunch. We each had a Caesar salad and crabcakes, a platter of nice rolls was served. DW had dessert.

It is truly a hidden gem and it provided a nice respite from touring Epcot.

Have a great trip.:cool1:

I stayed at YC a dozen times before I finally tried Captain's Grille about three years back. It was great and now we go back every year. It's no signature restaurant, but the food and service are very good. Not much ambience, but a good solid place to go.

I heard that Spoodles was closing and being replaced with a restaurant run by Cat Cora.

Here's another one for Captains Grille. We stayed at the YC in Jan 09 and ate at their on our arrival day. I have to admit that I was somewhat concerned about this restaurant but after eating there It is one that I will go back to again. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter