Captain's Grille or Grand Floridian Cafe...for breakfast

wheredreamsbegin

DIS Veteran
I recently discovered (thanks to another thread on these boards :)) the breakfast menu at Captain's Grille. I am a breakfast LOVER and I thought that the menu looked AMAZING! I am trying to decide if I should cancel our breakfast ADR at GFC and replace it with an ADR for CG. Our wait list just came through for BWV so it will be more convenient to get to CG than GFC. We really enjoyed our last breakfast experience at GFC. What would you do, keep GFC or try CG?

For what it's worth, we also have breakfast reservations at Kona, Tusker House, and Kouzzina. Kona and Tusker House are family favorites. We have never eaten at Kouzzina. We added it to our plans once we realized we would be staying at BWV. We've heard good things about the breakfast at Kouzzina and would like to try it before the restaurant closes.

CG is worth switching to, especially with the proximity to BWV. I get the buffet as do my kids, my DH usually orders off the menu but I can't really remember what items he favors.

The buffet is smallish but fresh and delicious and a great value for Disney. Someday I will try the dark chocolate waffles with the cherry compote! (I have now likely jinxed it and it will be gone from the menu in 3...2...)

CG is worth switching to, especially with the proximity to BWV. I get the buffet as do my kids, my DH usually orders off the menu but I can't really remember what items he favors.

The buffet is smallish but fresh and delicious and a great value for Disney. Someday I will try the dark chocolate waffles with the cherry compote! (I have now likely jinxed it and it will be gone from the menu in 3...2...)

Ohhh.....I sincerely hope you haven't jinxed the menu! Those dark chocolate waffles are one of the items I'm most likely to order. :goodvibes

I'm so happy that I checked out the menu while reading the other thread. I'm thrilled to hear that CG is as good as the menu makes it sound!

We ended up eating breakfast at the Captain's Grille twice on our trip last month. They have a really good breakfast buffet with a lot of variety. They will also make an omelet or an egg dish for you, along with the buffet. We stayed at the BC, so it was really convenient to go over there. I would cancel the GF reservation, especially since you are staying at the BWV. :)

I once did both within a 4 day span.. lobster omelette at CG and the maple-vanilla french toast at GFC. I enjoyed them both really. I think i'd give a slight nod to CG, but I would go back to either

Thanks for the response! What did you order? If we do change our ADR, I'm going to need help figuring out what to order at CG. So many of the offerings sound yummy!

I wanted to try the buffet but the French toast had maple cinnamon butter and I really wanted to try that. When I told the waitress what I was debating between, she told me she would bring the French toast and that I could do the buffet. I didn't get charged for both. It reminded me a lot of being on our Disney Cruise.

I also really enjoyed the peace and quiet that there was in the dining room. I don't mind the noise at the character meals, but, sometimes, I just want a quiet breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter