Captain's Grille Dinner?

desheag

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me about dinner at Captain's Grille? I've never been and we're looking to add another ADR! I was trying to decide between this or The Boathouse.

From what I have, read this place is a hidden gem but we were not impressed. We went once for dinner and while we had great service it was honestly the worst I was ever served in a sit down restaurant anywhere, DH doesn't feel as strongly but didn't enjoy his meal either. We ordered two different steak dinners and they were unevenly cooked in a really odd way and were flavorless. We tried again for breakfast a year or so later - we were seated in a nearly empty restaurant well well past our ADR time. The food was eh.

DH and I had 2 really lovely meals at Captain's Grille. We thought the food and service was excellent. It's in our hotel, so the convenience factor was helpful too.

It is NOT on the same level as the Boathouse, but I think it's a good solid TS.

I've eaten here twice and both times were great. Food has always been wonderful. Service the first time was beyond amazing. Service the second time was good. I would recommend it.

DH and I have enjoyed several really wonderful steak dinners at Captains Grille. I would recommend it for sure. The service was great too. Enjoy! pixiedust:

DH and I have eaten dinner here before and enjoyed ourselves. It isn't a 5 star place---but we had great service and great meal. For what we paid I think it was extremely fair. I would definitely go there again.

I ate here last night. Great meal, excellent service. Not on the same level as Capa or Boathouse etc. but then again it's at a different price point.

If you go try the short rib, it's delicious.

We had a really bad experience here and it's on our "never again" list.

The service was atrocious....like, we were there for 3 hours atrocious...

The food was not good, even the steaks.

I know that others like it, but based on our experience...yeah...never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter