• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

captain's grille anyone? Or Paridisio 37?

Tdefrance

Earning My Ears
We have ADR's at Captains Grille because we love crab legs and the menu looks good. but trip advisor says the food/service/atmosphere are mediocre at best. should I stick with the ADR or cancel?
How about Paridisio 37? What is the menu like? Worth a dinner or not really?

We found the Captain's Grille to be very good. In fact, we consider it a hidden gem! Both of our meals were excellent and the service was, by far, the best that we experienced during our entire trip. The decor is extremely simple and the dining area is very roomy. Although the restaurant was busy, it was not crowded. We were very impressed and we will return many times.

We went to Paridiso for lunch and drinks and it was nice - but we both decided that we didn't think it would one of our favorites.

Just our opinions - good luck!

Never tried Captain's Grille (shocking, really, since we stay at the YC :confused:)

But we have done Paradiso 37, but for cocktails and appys. We enjoyed it, but it was a touch pricey for the small portions. Too many other places in DTD to try so we haven't been back.

Thanks for the insight! Where else DTD do you love? I've been to Fultons and Cap'n Jacks.

My 9 year old loves T-Rex, so it seems like we always end of there.

We love Fultons at lunch time. Portobello is on our list to try this trip.

We visited Portobello in January and it was excellent. We both had the rigatoni and it was great. The server was very attentive and the evening was relaxing and enjoyable.

We have been to Fulton's two times - several years ago and in January. The food was okay but we had problems with the service both times.

We visited Portobello in January and it was excellent. We both had the rigatoni and it was great. The server was very attentive and the evening was relaxing and enjoyable.

We have been to Fulton's two times - several years ago and in January. The food was okay but we had problems with the service both times.

I agree about the Portobello being excellent. I love the rigatoni as well.:goodvibes The chicken farfalle is very good as well and my DH and DS love the filet mignon. Every dish that we've had at the Portobello has been excellent as well as the service. That's why we dine there every time we visit WDW. Can't wait to try it again in June as well as the Captains Grille. We love the relaxed atmosphere of the Captains Grille and the food has always been good. Never had a problem with the service either.

We have eaten at Fulton's a couple of times as well and although the food was good and the service seems to be lacking every time we go back. So for our trip in June, we have decided to skip Fulton's. For the money spent at Fulton's, one would hope that the service would at least be on the decent side. It's a shame as we like Fulton's.

We are adults only and LOVE Paradisio. We love the food, the atmosphere and the drinks. It is one of our favs. We have tried Captains Grille and found it to just be "okay"

we tried captains grille in january, and it was well worth the wait! we had the first ressie for supper and were almost the only ones there! the service was amazing! our waitress was very attentive, another waiter arrived as dh left with a kid for a potty run and asked if he could get us refils on our drinks. sadly i was still getting over a tummy bug that it us around new yrs, but omg the steak was wonderful.

as we were leaving more patrons came in, but it was so nice, quiet and laid back in there. i would rebook in a heartbeat!

Captain's Grille is one of our favorites! We'll be celebrating my DH's birthday on our August trip and that's where he requested to go....shocking, knowing how much he loves Le Cellier! Captain's Grille was the best meal we had on our last trip. Great service, great food, low-key atmosphere, not crowded. Truly a hidden gem at WDW!

Another vote here for Captains Grille. Although it was very crowded some of the times that we dined there (during free dining) we had great service and the food was great too! I have it booked for our upcoming trip as well!

We are adults only and LOVE Paradisio. We love the food, the atmosphere and the drinks. It is one of our favs. We have tried Captains Grille and found it to just be "okay"

I agree! I loved Paradisio 37. I think it's one of WDW's hidden gems. Even my 8 year old loved it. The atmosphere is fantastic and the drinks were delicious, our server was good, and the night we were there they had live music out on the patio. Go a little before sunset and ask for a table out on the patio. The view is great!

Try the Central American Crazy Corn!

All so helpful....but now I'm thinking I want to go to both! May have to cancel one of my other reservations!

Captain's Grill is one of the few places I have not eaten at WDW (trying it during my Sept trip though).

We tried Paradiso 37 for the first time this past Feb 4th for lunch. We all agreed it was one of the best meals of our trip. Will definitely be going back. We had the crab fritters, guacamole, skirt steak with shrimp and veggies, pork chop lollypops, and my 3 y/o GS had the double dog kids plate which had a mini hot dog, corn dog bites, mac & cheese, and french fries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter