Captains Grill or Turf Club ???

TheMorgans

Mouseketeer
I am am trying to decide between the two for my final ADR? Which one is better and why???

We are on the dining plan and I have 3 always hungry teen DS's and 1 picky DD :rolleyes1

TIA

I've never ate at the Captain's Grill so I can't discuss that aspect with you but we are DVC members that call Saratoga Spring's home and I highly recommend the Turf Club.

We eat there at least once a stay. I've never seen the restaurant overly busy, the service is extremely attentive and the food is exceptional. I've never had a meal here that even came close to sub-par and would recommend the Lamb chops. Simply delicious.

The atmosphere is laid back, they have a good bar selection (for those of age), and there is indoor and outdoor seating.
The outdoor patio is shaded so it stays cool even on the hottest of days.

One of my favorite restaurants on property (if you can't already tell).

I hope this helps. :)

I would choose the Turf Club. I haven't been there yet but it gets marvelous reviews on Disney forums. We did go to Captain's Grill two trips ago and it was one of the worst meals I was ever served.

We've never been to Turf Club, but as a previous poster said, it gets good reviews here, so DH and I plan a dinner there this November. We have, however, dined at Captain's Grille. We had dinner there one night last November/December and we both liked it. We both had steak and we were well pleased. It wasn't particularly outstanding, but it was very good.

Logistics plays a role - unless you are staying at SSR, you will have to do a bus transfer to get to Turf Club. CG can be accessed easily by boat or by walking from Epcot and from DHS. If you are coming from MK or AK, you'd have to bus to either one.

In terms of food, both are fairly straightforward American cuisine. Neither tends to be that crowded, although with a large group an ADR is always safest.

The deciding factor may be those ever-hungry teenage boys. CG has a prix-fixe option. IF the menu items are ones that they will eat, they can get an app plus entree plus beverage plus dessert for DDP TS credit. As you know, the regular DDP does not include apps but it does include the prix-fixe options that a few restaurants have. Turf Club does not have this option. So you'll get more food for your credit at CG than at Turf.

Havent eaten at the Turf Club but we have eaten at the Captains Grille.

I dont think we would eat at the Captains Grille for dinner again. The food was really bad but the server was really nice. The food was so bad I had to send the appetizer back. I also looked at the man at the next table. His big ole pork chop was sitting on his plate, barely eaten. Guess he didnt enjoy his meal either.

If you have hungry boys, you could go next door to the Beach Club and do the Cape May Buffet. They even have things for picky people, like pasta, hot dog nuggets, chicken nuggets, pizza etc.

Best of luck deciding.

We have eaten at both. The Turf club has much more of a country club feel. The food was basic steak. Nice, but nothing fancy. The Captains Grille is our favorite place at WDW. Being from the Midwest it has a great New England feel to it. The food has always been outstanding and definitely, more upscale than our experience at the Turf Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter