Captain's Grill for breakfast?

teacher31

DIS Veteran
We are trying this out for a long weekend and would love some input. Did you get the buffet or order off the menu? The buffet seems very limited, but did it seem that way? Any feedback would be appreciated!

I ate there while I was solo for a few days without DH. It was actually great and not crowded at all. I mentioned to my waitress that I really wanted the buffet but that I also wanted the French toast with the special butter (maple cinnamon?). She said no problem and just brought me out some and charged me only for the buffet.

Dh and I like the buffet there. The fruit was fresh and there was a decent selection of items.

It was very relaxed and quiet so we enjoyed it.

I love Captain's Grille and we ate breakfast there on several occasions on our last trip. Although the buffet isn't sprawling I never felt limited with the choices. In fact, I found several things there that aren't available anywhere else on property (the Ruben eggs are fantastic!).

Jamie

I had the breakfast buffet at CG 3 out of 4 mornings on my trip this year and loved it. Food was good, and I did not think the selection was limited at all. The restaurant was always quiet when I was there, and since there are no characters, it's one of the more economical options for a "big" sit-down breakfast. I definitely recommend it!

I have the same dilema , it seems that the buffet has some of the same items as cape may , which is my favorite breakfast on property , we have an ADR and I can't decide between the dark choc waffles and the buffet :confused3

We have been to breakfast many times at Captains Grille. We always get the buffet and its always been very good. IMO they have a good variety not as much as Cape May but its enough. I think you will enjoy your meal there:)

We just ate there for breakfast two weeks ago on our departure day. We decided to do the buffet since we had a 3 p.m. flight and knew lunch just wasn't going to happen. Well that buffet lasted us all day and we weren't hungry until we came home that night around 6 p.m.! I highly recommend it. They had some very different items on it and I did not find it limited at all. I like the atmosphere there as well. Quiet and relaxing. The service was very good and we just really enjoyed ourselves. We will definitely go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter