captain's galley?

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
Anyone have an opinion re The Captain's Galley? I was planning to ADR the Yachtsmen Steak House and then I heard Pete rave about the Galley? THought I'd save a few bucks and go there instead, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Whaddya think?

We are going for the first time (dinner) in April, the menu looks fantastic and I have read some really great reviews.

We ate there on our last trip and loved it!

I had the best mussels ever! I thought my halibut was my best meal of the trip. DH also enjoyed his seafood pasta.

I think CG is a hidden gem. People who know it is there love it. I think it is just off the beaten path and alot of people tend to forget it exist. There are very few reviews but for the most part what you read is great!

Mrs. Disney Ron

we tried it this last trip in Jan and were very disappointed. We have eaten just about everywhere in the last 30 years of going to WDW, and this one ranked pretty low.

It wasn't terrible, but everything was just ok. Much better places to eat.
We won't be going back....

The best dish was the crab cake appetizer, very good flavor, but about the size of 2 silver dollars.
also, lousy service..... slow, forgot my salad, then brought it out after the meal arrived and I was halfway through it....still left it on the bill.

Maybe we just had an off night....

we tried it this last trip in Jan and were very disappointed. We have eaten just about everywhere in the last 30 years of going to WDW, and this one ranked pretty low.

It wasn't terrible, but everything was just ok. Much better places to eat.
We won't be going back....

The best dish was the crab cake appetizer, very good flavor, but about the size of 2 silver dollars.
also, lousy service..... slow, forgot my salad, then brought it out after the meal arrived and I was halfway through it....still left it on the bill.

Maybe we just had an off night....

Keep in mind that the menu has changed (along with the name). The new menu looks great. We eat here for lunch often with friends (it's also a favorite for CMs for lunch as it's easy to get into). THe new dinner menu looks really good, so plan to try the new menu. We ate there a couple of weeks ago (lunch) and it was not busy at all (it was a Sunday afternoon).

I've eaten there a few times, although that was when it was called the Yacht Club Galley. I have always had great food there, and the service is excellent. When we were there in December, we had the best prime rib I've ever had--it was very tasty and tender.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter