Captain Marvin or Bryan with kids?

CVW

DIS Veteran
Which is more kid-friendly for Stingray Island? I have two boys, four and seven. I am about to confirm with Captain Bryan's...do they even have a restroom on board? It would seem that Captain Bryan offers an aquarium option at the end, which may be good for the boys if they're tired of the water.

Does either one offer videotaping? Is one geared more toward young kids? Thanks.

We did Capt. Marvin's in August. We have two daughters (5 and 8). They do have a bathroom on board and they did video tape. We did not purchase it but our friends purchased a dvd. They were very nice. My 8 year old was terrified of the stingrays wherein my 5 year old did fine. My 8 year old sat on the back of the boat and watched after a stingray touched her. They held the stingrays for pictures and everyone got a turn. We did two other snorkeling stops, which were really nice. I can't comment on Capt. Bryan's. Good luck.

Hi CVW.

Is one geared more toward young kids?

We have only been on Captain Marvin's and absolutely loved it! That said, I have yet to read any complaints from those cruisers who have gone on Captain Bryan's tour.

Does either one offer videotaping?

A video company employee was on our tour and filmed all of our adventures which was available for purchase on either tape or dvd and mailed to your home. It was waiting for us when we arrived back from vacation. I believe you can request a videographer through the tour operator.

I am about to confirm with Captain Bryan's...do they even have a restroom on board?

If not, remember, you have 2 boys and you're surrounded by water...

I have to say Captain Bryans Catamaran is wonderful for adults, kids and we've even brought our kids as toddlers.

Its a really nice catamaran, yes it does have a head (bathroom) a definite plus when traveling with children.

Sorry but the aquarium is actually a snorkeling location I think. I think is the name of one of the places we stopped.

We got a DVD from the trip once but they don't have someone on board all the time because they didn't have anyone videoing on our last trip so maybe you'd have to ask them when you reserve

Don't get me wrong though, Captain Marvins is nice too but the catamaran makes it that much more special as you get to sail as well as snorkel

We went with Captain Marvin's last april and loved them. My daughter turned 4 on the cruise and was afraid. However the Captian was very gentle and good with her . We loved them!

We chose Capt Bryans for the Catamaran (Capt Marvins's does not have one) and would do it again. Very nice and spacious with room to lie out, etc. Many of us did request a videographer but were disappointed to find out they couldn't get one for that day. We still got pics w/ our water cameras but a DVD would have been nicer. That was the only thing that disappointed me but it didn't ruin our tour. I'm sure you;ll have fun on either one just a matter of preference between Catamaran and cabin cruiser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter