Captain Jack's

TeenaS

DIS Veteran
Just tried Captain Jack's on Saturday night. We had a 5 PM reservation. We checked in about 10 minutes early and waited about 5 minutes. One of us had the crab cake appetizer and we all tasted it and absolutely loved it. Very large portion. It was well worth the money! The three of us ordered the twin lobster tails and substituted the mashed potatoes for the rice. We sort of expected tiny tails but they were a nice size and we didn't leave the table hungry! Buttery green beans also came with the dinner and for once they were cooked the way we like them - not hard as a rock. The service was really good. She was there when she needed to be but didn't bug us every 5 minutes asking us if we wanted anything. The minute an iced tea was finished she did appear with another one. We were all very very pleasantly surprised as we had heard some negative things about Captain Jack's. We will definitely be back. In fact, we are going again next week with our daughter who will be visiting from the west coast. We usually go to Fulton's for their lobster tails but Captain Jack's were just as good and about $18 cheaper. We also had the cheese cake which was excellent - hint of raspberry. We ended up taking most of it home though as the dinner filled us up!

well I remember the candy shop (cost me 67.00) after the kids got out of there lol But I dont remember Capt Jacks.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

Thanks for posting! We wil be eating there for the first time in September, and I have been kind of nervous about the quality, but it all sounds great!

So great to hear! Thanks for posting. The tails with mashed potatoes is exactly what I plan to order 4 WEEKS FROM MONDAY!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Thank you! We are going in October and plan on ordering the crab cakes and lobster tails also. I am so glad to see a positive review. It seems like there have been a lot of bad reviews lately. My son has an allergy to fish and I was so impressed that the chef called me last week to let me know that she can safely cook his food. I thought this was great!

Thanks for the review! I'll be having dinner there on Halloween. I can't wait for those lobster tails. :)

Thanks for the review! I have been very worried about this ADR with all the negatives but you sealed it for me that I made the right choice.

Just tried Captain Jack's on Saturday night. We had a 5 PM reservation. We checked in about 10 minutes early and waited about 5 minutes. One of us had the crab cake appetizer and we all tasted it and absolutely loved it. Very large portion. It was well worth the money! The three of us ordered the twin lobster tails and substituted the mashed potatoes for the rice. We sort of expected tiny tails but they were a nice size and we didn't leave the table hungry! Buttery green beans also came with the dinner and for once they were cooked the way we like them - not hard as a rock. The service was really good. She was there when she needed to be but didn't bug us every 5 minutes asking us if we wanted anything. The minute an iced tea was finished she did appear with another one. We were all very very pleasantly surprised as we had heard some negative things about Captain Jack's. We will definitely be back. In fact, we are going again next week with our daughter who will be visiting from the west coast. We usually go to Fulton's for their lobster tails but Captain Jack's were just as good and about $18 cheaper. We also had the cheese cake which was excellent - hint of raspberry. We ended up taking most of it home though as the dinner filled us up!

I'm so glad to read this review. I really wanted lobster, but not at Fulton's prices!

So great to hear! Thanks for posting. The tails with mashed potatoes is exactly what I plan to order 4 WEEKS FROM MONDAY!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

my husband is doing the same thing but two weeks from this WEdnesday. have eaten there three other times and never never disappointed. cant wait.

:thumbsup2 I ate there with my family last week...we all loved it. Just as you said. I also heard some bad reviews but opted to take a chance as we really wanted lobster. I'm glad we did. Food, Service and Atmosphere was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter